Last reply 4 years ago
Moments of utter sadness….

How on earth does anyone deal with these? They hit me like a brick, from nowhere. My life is good (apart from MS obviously). My family loves me. Yet still these moments come on me from nowhere. Today is one such time. I am so stuck I cant seem to shake it. Anyone any ideas? I seriously need help. 🙁

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
4 years ago

Occasionally, our little MonSter can seem HUGE! It then becomes emotionally over-powering.

Then it’s a case of isolating yourself, whilst you have a moment to feel sorry for yourself. Then, you can slowly get things back in perspective, look at all the good things and return to normal life.

Just allow yourself these moments. We’re only human. 😉

hannah015
4 years ago

@tiggermum

It’s totally natural, I was the same for about 4 months after diagnosis. The whole why me etc. But you know what it does get easier. For me it was finding out my friend had motor neurone disease. He is same age as me (33). He has so much to cope with so I realised at that point how lucky I am. Don’t give in to ms. There is nothing you can’t do remember that. Fight and keep smiling. I see ms as my body’s way of telling me to be happy, try to not stress (not easy all the time) eat healthily and treat yourself.
X

caterpillar
4 years ago

@hannah015 I simply love your last sentence here :-)))

hannah015
4 years ago

Aww thanks @caterpillar x

tabbycat
4 years ago

Go somewhere green, even if it just a garden shop and forget yourself for a few moments in the beauty of plants. Buy seeds, plan for the spring, treat yourself to a pot plant that won’t fade like cut flowers and when no one is looking, talk to it and you can bloom a little together. Hugs.

jonesbear
4 years ago

I get these moments myself as @ tiggermum says completely out of the blue and for no reason,I try to have a moment to myself and just take a good look around whether it’s at nature or just people passing by there is always something going on around you to change your trail of thought.It may not suddenly cheer you up but for me it is a distraction and gives me something else to think about and I can usually find something out there to make me smile.

cameron
4 years ago

When this started happening to me, I went to the doctor who upped my dose of amitriptyline. I still occasionally get the feeling but it passes quickly.

stephanie
4 years ago

Hi. I have these moments too but I made a little handbook with pictures of the things that mean the most to me for example my husband, my Mum, Dad etc the things that make me smile. This handbook gets squeezed or looked at every time I am feeling depressed.

graham100
4 years ago

Hi tiggermum. Is it you or your daughter that has ms? Because I’m getting confused, if your sad for your daughter, you cannot let her see this, as it will make her feel worse, that she is upsetting you. If its you that has ms,, then the advice above is good. X

tiggermum
4 years ago

@graham100 – it is me who has MS.

Thanks everyone. My moment passed again. My GP did up my dose of anxiety meds, but that – to me – isnt the answer. I booked myself in to see a therapist. We will see if that works.

Christmas and New Year never helps me… Despite a loving family and friends.

graham100
4 years ago

Sorry just read your profil. Got mixed up. Being tiggermum, I was thinking of someone else,, just thought you needed different advice. Glad your ok again,, don’t be sad any more till the new year,,lol. Happy Xmas. Xx

northernlass
4 years ago

I too have my moments of anxiety and feeling down @tiggermum .. I’m not on any medication for anything so I can’t put it down to side effects.. A while ago it was getting me teary and feeling “woe is me” because I feel I have a lot on my plate compaired to some, so I self refered to MIND who have hooked me up with a councillor, a lovely lady who I can talk to about all my worries and upsets.. she is going to help me to learn how to “let go” of the things that seem to way me down even more when I’m feeling a bit low so I look forward to that.. (Have that FROZEN song going off in my head now… :-/ ) Good luck with your therapist and I hope they can help you with skills on how to cope with these low days.. (If I get any marvellous tips I’ll pass them on.. ) I also think it’s this time of year… so much to do and organise (even with MS.. I’ve been struggling putting up decorations and buying gifts because of my disability..) and there is such expectation for just “TWO” days .. wanting everyone to be happy and together.. I really enjoy my little Family Christmas, just me and my two children at home with all our lovely treats.. not going anywhere or doing anything other than just lazing about.. BLISS.. (bit of a glorified weekend really). Best Christmas wishes @tiggermum XX

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.