Last reply 1 year ago
Modafinil- right dosage to combat fatigu

One of my worse symptoms is fatigue (both mental fatigue as well as physical fatigue) so I was prescribed modafinil for this by my neuro. The issue I’ve found is that when I take a modafinil tablet in the morning I then have trouble sleeping that night. So the following day my fatigue is worse, which makes the modafinil counterproductive. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem with modafinil? What dosage works for you?

I was also concerned about my body becoming over reliant on modafinil. My neuro assured me that modafinil doesn’t cause a dependency and one wont become any more reliant on modafinil than what some people are on coffee. Has anyone been taking modafinil for a good number of years? Have you had any problems?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

@lemtrada-uk , it sounds to me like the Modafinil is working too well!

Why not try a reduced dose and see whether this improves your fatigue, whilst allowing you to switch off at the end of the day?

lemtrada-uk
1 year ago

Lol i think that’s what I’ll do. But I don’t want to go too low as I’ll be struggling for 6 months until I next see my neuro. Just wondered what dose others are on?

bloomers1968
1 year ago

i take 200mg (1 tablet) in the morning and can sleep, it helps me keep awake but not my physical fatigue

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.