lucyh 01/04/17
Last reply 1 month ago
Mitoq…does it work?

Dear All, I know some of you have posted on this supplement before, called Mitoq. I want to be clear, I’m Not recommending it, as I am just starting to take it. What I am wondering is if there are some people who have taken it for a while and can report back on their findings i.e. did it lessen your symptoms and did things stay that way? Many thanks, lucyh xx

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

lucyh
1 year ago

Dear @lina , @hollylb10 , @tabbycat , @cmac , @aussiekylie , @andysot , @krisp , @mmhhpp , @maz1 , @leighlincoln , I realise you have all posted on Mitoq before….could you give us an update? Are you still on it? If not, can you say why? Many thanks, best wishes to you all wherever you are on the journey, lucyh xx

hollylb10
1 year ago

Hi, yes I am still taking it. If I leave it a few days or a week I start to get brain fog, sensory overload and my fatigue returns.

I actually had an appointment with a consultant last week, he examined me and could not find any neurological issues. I am not saying that this is because of the mitoq, and I definitely do have MS symptoms but they usually come on when I am tired. I am feeling very positive about my MS and diet and good supplements and Mitoq seem to be helping.

I hope you see the benefits too x

mmhhpp
1 year ago

Hi i only had it 10 days. I did not feel any improvements. I stoppped.

lucyh
1 year ago

Many thanks @hollyb10 and @mmhhpp, it seems the jury is out! I’m a few days into taking it, so will see how I go…feeling positive, or is that the longer, sunnier days?!

leighlincoln
1 year ago

Asked Neuro about it and he dismissed it so I didn’t go any further. Good luck if you decide to try it.

hollylb10
1 year ago

Its just a supplement. I don’t know why a neuro would dismiss it…my neuro lets me get on and take what ever works for me.

In my opinion I would say 10 days is not really long enough, like any supplement or medication it takes a while to settle and see a difference if any.

Mitoq is in no way a cure or medication for MS it just helps with symptoms, and that’s not just with MS it’s with other illnesses and just general health. My parents are in their 60s both working and very active, they decided to give it a go with me and after a few weeks they never looked back.

koffeelover
1 year ago

@hollylb10 I think the neurologist would dismiss it mainly out of concern for the number of people peddling these things as a ‘cure’ for MS. Bottom line is, there’s currently no cure – special restrictive diets and supplements are fine if people find them helpful, but they are not a cure or replacement for scientifically tested and proven treatments – they are purely complimentary.

potter
1 year ago

I did a little research on Mitoq and found that the component that they think helps heal damaged cause from MS Is L ergothieoine. So I searched to find where that component came from, it turns out it come from mushrooms. Different mushrooms have different amounts, Fairy Ring mushroom have a enormous amount but very expensive, and if someone picked the wrong ones it could poison you. King Boletus mushrooms have less but are more common especially in Europe and a lot less expensive than Fairy Ring mushrooms. I love mushrooms so I’ll be adding those to almost everything I eat. We have a type of Fairly Ring mushrooms growing near by but they don’t look like the non poisonous ones. I understand they are really hard to grow so I will be ordering dried ones, cooking doesn’t compromise their healing ability. Potter

lucyh
1 year ago

Hi @leighlincoln, @potter, @koffeelover, great to have your comments. I’m surprised at Neuro dismissing it, as there has been a paper or two (scientific rather than Hello Magazine 🙂 ) about it. Yes, it is expensive, but I’m going to continue with it…although mushrooms seem to be a much cheaper option!! Take care, lucyh xxx

lucyh
1 year ago

Hi All

Just to say that the Mitoq seems to be working with me, however, it is hard to tell. For example, the clocks went forward, the weather has been great, so hard to see the wood for the trees!! Still, I’m giving it the thumbs up for now; I guess November in the UK would be a better time to trial it. Thanks for all your comments. lucyh xxx

aussiekylie
1 year ago

@lucyh after about a month or so from starting MitoQ I noticed my fatigue had lessened (although I never had chronic, debilitating fatigue) and when my 3 month supply ran out I kept forgetting to reorder more. Within 2 weeks of not taking it I went downhill fast. I was constantly tired and lethargic and couldn’t think straight (just like after a huge night when you get minimal sleep the next day you’re foggy). Once I started taking it again I noticed after about a week I started to feel better. Aside from helping fatigue I will continue taking it for all its other health benefits.

kinga
1 year ago

Do you get the one from New Zealand?
I think that’s the only one I found but the high price ( around 50£ for a month) stops me from ordering it
Although it does sound like a good supplement

aussiekylie
1 year ago

Hi @kinga yes I order from New Zealand the MitoQ brand. It is expensive but I rationalise it in that it equates to what I would normally spend on take away coffee each week. I also see it as an investment, I can spend money on this that is helping my fatigue or I can lose money for days I cannot work due to fatigue (when sick leave is used up). Often they have a special buy 2 get 3rd free and I buy then.

leighlincoln
3 months ago

sorry not been around for a while. We’ve moved house and gone from problem to problem. Life seems to have quietened down now and I feel more like interacting with fellow ms’rs. I was dioagnosed s.p.m.s. a couple of years ago and progression npt been too bad, I’m still ambulatory. My current problem is ultra heavy arms and legs. I am taking meds for Restless Legs Syhndrome that seems to help with the restlessness. I’. wondering if anybody has a similar problem and what are they taking for it. thanks.

p.s. Beautiful weather n in Australia, we are going into Autumn so not as much humidity these days.

leighlincoln
1 month ago

Hi, update from me. I’ve been approved for botox for bladder problems and ocrevus for s//p/m/s. Just been on a cruise, doing things while I can.
Hope you are all doing well on MitoQ10, I didn’t take the plunge as too much going on at the moment

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.