Last reply 4 years ago
Mindfulness, is it all of that?

I’ve been told twice that I’ve been referred for mindfulness, each time nothing has come of it. As we all have had, I was having loads of appts and wasn’t overeager to fit in a 12 week run of sessions. Now the appts are thinning out…… What’s the crack do you all say. Jx

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

djdsouza
4 years ago

I thought mindfulness can just be taking note of your breath as you breathe in and out while not thinking about anything else. Is like self meditation 😉

tabbycat
4 years ago

It is useful and if you are being offered free classes then take them! People pay a lot of money to learn this very old method of coping with stress and worry. It is part of budhism , but you do not have to be religious to benefit from it and it all the rage from government to schools.
I have never been to a class, but have tried to teach myself some aspects of it and have really found it useful to help myself from switching off unimportant sources of stress like TV, social media and even family sometimes!
Give it a go and tell us how you get on!

cazzzzzy
4 years ago

Ooooh you are very lucky to be offered this! … I myself meditate at home and have found what makes me feel better!

I don’t think I could ever go to classes as I have bad uncontrollable laughing (Pseudobulbar affect) it is caused by MS…. But good luck and let us know how you do! 🙂

xxx

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.