Last reply 4 years ago
Meniere's disease

Hi everyone hope you are all well and taking it easy. I mentioned to my neuro that I have buzzing in my ears he mentioned about being referred to ENT but don’t think anything going to happen saw my GP on Thursday and he thinks I have Meniere’s Disease only sympton is the shrieking and buzzing been given Serc tablets to have 1 3 times a day not got dizziness or vomiting just every time I bend my head forward neck cracks anyone have had this just fed up with everything work is going well as this keeps my mind off the buzzing

Lina

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

cazzzzzy
4 years ago

Hi Lina … Years before my diagnosis they questioned Meniere’s disease because of my dizziness and fuzzy head feeling – I knew I had MS back then and thought it was MS but docs refused to listen …

Anyway I know the buzzing in ears and head feeling and it is so uncomfortable so I hope the medication helps you soon, I get ear buzzing when my sinuses are blocked, have you had a cold recently or anything?

Can Gabapentin cause a buzzing in ears side effect?

Hope it gets better for you soon xxx

cazzzzzy
4 years ago

I’ve just had a google about Gabapentin and ear buzzing as a side effect … It is known to cause ear problems I see … Maybe it’s about finding the right dose etc to limit side effects

https://healthunlocked.com/fibroaction/posts/191754/gabapentin-ear-problems – You’re not alone…

Hope it gets better for you soon xxx

lina
4 years ago

@cazzzzzy i’m going to try new meds today I spoke to my MS nurse about a month ago about Gabapentin and she said the side effect is very low on the list yes I have had a cold saw a GP a month ago and he checked my sinuses ears and throat and suggested using olbas oil as a steam inhaler just been using vick cream every time I mend my neck it cracks that is probably causing my headache. Will let you know how new meds work put a call with ms nurse last week but she didn’t ring me back.

Have a great Sunday.

Lina x

graham100
4 years ago

Iv got a buzzing in my ears/ head I forget it till I read a post like this, lol. Now it’s louder than ever. Had it can’t remember how long. It goes away like the little man doing sign in the bottom corner of the tv. Is it ms related??

lina
4 years ago

@graham100 not sure if it is MS related read in some books I have for MS it can be

Lina

cazzzzzy
4 years ago

Hi @lina ! … Good luck with the new meds, if the ear buzzing disappears after you stop taking them then you’ll at least know the cause I guess … If the side effect is on the side effect list then however low down on the list it is it is still possible, but at least your MS nurse is trying new meds… I hope they help you! 🙂

I am one of those lucky ones who always seems to experience every listed side effect on the list, I get worried about taking anything because of this but do need to try these steroids soon that they have prescribed me… Have you tried steroids Lina?

Hope you’re well and looking forward to Christmas 🙂 xxx

lina
4 years ago

Hi @cazzzzzy I’ve stopped taking meds for ringing in the ears couldn’t cope with side effects can cope with the ringing in ears without meds everytime I breathe my back hurts and ribs hurts. MS nurse not been in touch yet think I will be waiting quite a long time. I did have IV steroids in my left arm in June while in Salford Royal didn’t have any side effects just the metallic taste in my mouth my son had steroids for Ulcerative Colitis 2 years ago it made him want to eat more didn’t with me as for Christmas I just want a quite one both my kids are grown up but will have my daughter home from uni she’s working christmas eve in leeds then will be home then working News Year eve and News years day just feel I want to go away for two weeks we normally go to mu mums for Christmas Day but past couple of years my sister and I have done dinner and taken it to my mum it’s not as exciting now we don’t have small kids. Nursery and Reception children had their dress rehersal for christmas concert so that is exciting as the children get quite giddy when they are singing.

Hope everything is ok with you Cazzzzzy.

Lina x

cazzzzzy
4 years ago

Hi @lina ! … How’s it going? Have you heard from your MS nurse yet? How is your back and your ribs with breathing now?

I am ok thanks, trying to get organised for Christmas but yes like you my children are older now so it isn’t as exciting… It is quieter now around Christmas which I need but I do miss my two’s early morning starts on Xmas morning and the magic Christmas brings 🙂

Feeling the cold today – it’s freezing out there now! 😯

xxx

lina
4 years ago

@Cazzzzy not heard from my MS nurse yet its been nearly a week since I put call in so going to out another one in tomorrow morning. Went to see my GP last night as one of my perscriptions was not put on repeat so could not order it online. Mentioned to him about my back pain and he said that is why I have been given Gabapentin for it just my head is buzzing all the time and my ears as well burning in my back and dizzy just feel tired with it all every time I swallow my ears pop its got to the stage when I want to stop everything will give my MS nurse one more try I was expecting an appointment for her clinic but not had one yet. Didn’t sleep very well last night husband snoring so loud must have dropped off eventually as next minute it was 5.53am time to get up at 6am.

I do feel the cold more now as I feel I have no insulation in my back think I will book a session with physio next week for a massage. I was in my fleecy pjs defrosting 3 cars lol why am I doing that you ask so I can have time to rest and sort myself out before going to work.

Lots of teaching assistants off at school so just keep wondering if I’m coming down with a bug maybe that is why I think its my MS.

I’m looking forward to Christmas just don’t know what to buy my 2 think just some bits and then give them money.

Will let you know if I hear anything.

Wrap up warm speak soon 🙂

Lina x

cazzzzzy
4 years ago

Hi @lina … How are you? Have you heard from your MS nurse yet? … Might be worth dropping her an email, I find if I need to contact my MS nurse she replies fairly quickly by email if I email her … Your ears do sound very uncomfortable so I do hope it gets sorted soon, lets hope you can enjoy the Christmas festivities without horrible ear sensations… Did your doc check your ears?

It could be a side effect of Gabapentin so might be worth trying a new med for nerve pain, I guess this will be decided by your MS nurse..

I also am giving my two money and a few other bits to open, can’t go wrong with money – at least then they will be getting what they want but it’s always lovely giving them a surprise too 😉

Your physio massage sounds good! Did you book an appointment?

xxx

lina
4 years ago

[email protected] not been too bad todayheard from my ms nurse today spoke to her about the buzzing in my ears going to have appointment with her in January at her clinic it hasn’t been too bad today slept last night till 6am this morning if I’m occupied can’t hear anything. May appointment with physio for next Friday Chris my ms nurse if it gets bad to get in touch with my neuro. My Gp did check my ears and he said everything is clear but didn’t say anything about referring me to ENT just gave me medication took it for one day couldn’t cope with side effects especially with being back at work. Not been too bad with the cold today but feeling it now its evening.

Nerve not too bad been taking higher dose at night helps me sleep.

Have a good week end.

🙂
Lina

cazzzzzy
4 years ago

Hi @lina ! … Good to hear you have an appt set up with your MS nurse, hopefully you can get to the bottom of what is causing the ear buzzing problems! … I’m sure the physio massage will do you the world of good – actually that sounds great!

Yes like your MS nurse said get in touch with your neuro if the problems persist, they should be able to help you… Also sleeping as much as you need is a very good thing so I hope you continue to sleep well!

Hope you are feeling ok now and keeping warm! 🙂 xxx

lina
4 years ago

[email protected] I’m Fine just really tired work up this morning at 5.30am think I’m coming down with the tummy bug that is going round school gurgling stomach and nausea think will be drinking herbal teas tonight. Drove for the first time this morning picked up the other netball coach who has been very kind to me since having MS and side effects from Gabapentin had a hour sleep this afternoon I’m dreading if we get the snow up here thinking about driving to work instead of getting my son up to take me windy and hail up here but I hope you don’t get it too bad.

Hope you are enjoying your Sunday think will start knitting again.

Lina xx

cazzzzzy
4 years ago

Hi @lina ! … Sorry I haven’t replied sooner, been busy (slow MS way) trying to get organised for Christmas and it’s my daughter’s 21st on Wednesday so trying to keep on top of what needs doing – I plan on having a very lazy January 🙂

How have you been? I just saw your post about Tramadol, did you try it yet? … I hope you didn’t suffer with that tummy bug? Hope you are ok and weather is being kinder now? – It is still soooooooooo cold here and plant pots smashed in gale but otherwise it’s ok! 🙂

What are you knitting? I always wished I’d learnt to knit! 🙂

xxx

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.