buitenmus 22/03/18
Last reply 3 months ago
Memorial day?

Hey everyone,

I’ve been diagnosed 3 years ago. 25th of March will be a date I’ll never forget, ’cause that’s the day when my MS story began with a visit to the emergency. But it feels like I’m in the need of doing something positive that day, every year the same thing maybe?. I’m just not sure what. Does any one else has some ritual/activity/…. they do to turn this date into something more constructive?
But maybe this question is the strangest one this forum has ever seen ๐Ÿ˜‰

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the โ€˜xโ€™.

grandma
3 months ago

There is no such thing as a strange question! Do what’s right for YOU. Mark it if our want to, or don’t it us totally up to you. It’s totally up to you and with MS not everything is up to us so celebrate anything you are in charge of๐Ÿ˜

stumbler
3 months ago

@buitenmus, personally, I would just consign it to history, like the other memorable dates in your life so far.

Do you celebrate anything else, e.g. losing your virginity (I still do, Ha Ha!)?

buitenmus
3 months ago

I wasn’t really thinking of celebrating, more like spoil myself, or taking my husband out for diner or making time to count my blessings, despite MS.
Euh, I do celebrate/remember the day I first kissed my husband, I moved into a new town,….But I just can’t seem to remember when I lost my virginity, shame, now I’ve missed out on that! ๐Ÿ˜‰

stumbler
3 months ago

@buitenmus , yes, celebrate your blessings by all means, but not your diagnosis.

You can’t remember losing your virginity! It can’t have been that memorable then. I can recall my event, it’s like it was yesterday. Actually, it was over 40 years ago! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

buitenmus
3 months ago

@stumbler I just don’t remember the exact date, I haven’t forgotten losing it. That would be strange….

buitenmus
3 months ago

I think I just stick with buying myself a cake to celebrate the good things in life ๐Ÿ˜‰

stumbler
3 months ago

@buitenmus , you do that and I’ll raise a glass with you. ๐Ÿ˜‰

vixen
3 months ago

Or, you could think about three significant positive events or personal developments that you have experienced in the last three years, regardless of MS? And have a toast to those three things over a romantic dinner with hubby. Have fun! X

stumbler
3 months ago

@vixen, thank you for bringing this back on track. My fault……….again! Mea Culpa! ๐Ÿ˜‰

vixen
3 months ago

Haha @stumbler. I once referred to you and your wit as being the Metaphor Police. But now I think it should simply be @loweringthebar ๐Ÿ˜‰ x

stumbler
3 months ago

Ouch! @vixen ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.