Last reply 3 months ago
Meeting other MSers in London

Hi everyone,

I have been organising monthly meet ups in London and we are meeting again on Tuesday in Royal Festival Hall at the Southbank Centre. The meet up is relaxed, just an opportunity to meet others over a drink and is generally from 6pm-8pm but you can come and go as you wish.

We’ll be at a table in the cafe on the river side of the Centre (not the bar with the foyer in front). The meet up was started by the MS Society so I’ll have a bag on a chair so that you can spot us!

Kim

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

sciencegeek
7 months ago

Hi – just checking that this is on Tuesday, 6th February (as in tomorrow)? Thanks.

kimiblanc
7 months ago

Yes it’s 6th, today. Sorry for the late reply! I wasn’t feeling great yday.

sciencegeek
7 months ago

Thanks. Am I ok to bring my husband? He’s still in denial about my diagnosis almost 2 years ago, so I think he needs to find someone to talk to.

kimiblanc
7 months ago

yes, of course that’s fine. Look forward to seeing you there.

Kim

kimiblanc
7 months ago

Hi

Currently stuck on a bus but look out for MS society stuff on tables and chairs if you’re here!

Kim

kimiblanc
7 months ago

Thy are sat next to the caricature people

Kim

kimiblanc
7 months ago

We have moved – we are near the shop and screen we have an ms society bag on the table!

kayt8
7 months ago

Hi I would really like to come to the next one. Do you have dates for future meet ups ?
Thanks
Kate

edmontonalberta
7 months ago

@kimiblanc

You are very impressive for organizing this… If I were not halfway around the world I would join you…

kimiblanc
7 months ago

@kayt8 – Hi! The next meet up is on Monday 12th March. I’ll let you know if future dates too once we’ve set them 🙂

kimiblanc
7 months ago

@edmontonalberta – thanks so much! Shame you are far away – where do you live?

edmontonalberta
7 months ago

@kimiblanc

As per my screen name, I live in Edmonton, Alberta – Canada… 😉

sarahshift
5 months ago

@kimiblanc @kayt8 @sciencegeek

We’re hosting a very unique meet up in London on 3rd May, thought you guys might be interested. See details here, https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/mser-meetup-tickets-45337819639

You will need to use the password Shift.ms to enter and register. Numbers are limited due to venue capacity but we’re hoping up to 30 MSers will be there.

kayt8
5 months ago

Thanks for posting this it sounds great. I don’t think I can make that date but keeping my eyes open for the next Waterloo meet up

kimiblanc
4 months ago

@kayt8 – Hi Kate! Our next meet up is on Monday 14th May. Would be lovely to meet you if you’re around 🙂 Kim x

kimiblanc
4 months ago

@sciencegeek – Hey! just to let you know we are meeting on Monday if you want to join 🙂 We are meeting from 6-8 at the Southbank Centre, but it’s flexible so you can pop in anytime between 6-8.
Kim x

kayt8
4 months ago

Hi thanks I will look out for the ms bag !

kayt8
4 months ago

Aargh had the way as not feeling well enough. Hope to meet eventually !

Hey Kimiblanc….when is your next meeting scheduled for? Was unable to attend yesterday however would love to be a regular

kimiblanc
3 months ago

Hi mark!

@markatwindsorcastle – So sorry for my late reply! Our next meet up is on Tuesday. Feel free to come along – would be great to meet you!

Kim

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.