Last reply 19 hours ago
Medical cannabis

As much as I appreciate cannabis derived medicine being legalised I find it hard to believe that anything the government says about it will help anyone.
Will a gp be able to prescribe it, how much cbd and thc will be in them, will everyone with ms be able to get it. All the news stories still don’t eleborate any details about it.
I vape bud as it helps immensely (sleep, eating, relaxing etc) I am just not convinced the goverment understand

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 week ago

@pj887 , and, that’s the problem. Will the Government-approved medicinal marijuana be a sanitised version which just maintains the profits of big pharma……….?

pj887
1 week ago

The government don’t care as long as they can fleece us that’s all they do haha the big pharma companies have their grubby greedy hands in everything and they are the ones who put opiates in everything i think they want people to suffer unless they can pay.

mlgilber1
1 week ago

In the US they tell us exactly how much thc and cbd is in each product. Each strain and product has a list of symptoms it is known to treat which is really nice. I don’t know how it works in the UK. In Arizona you have to have a medical marijuana card, but each state is different and in some it’s not legal. If the strains in the UK are the same there is a website called leafly.com that you can look up different strains and products to find out how much thc and cbd is in it, what it’s good for, common side effects of each one, reviews, other products, and more. It works differently for everyone and is trial and error. I’ve found that it doesn’t really help with my pain, but it’ll help my nausea and tremors at times. I have one friend that it seems to really help with his pain. Hope you’re doing well! Best of luck!

guinness
1 week ago

@pj887 I think that people will still use the Dealers as it will be far easier to obtain and cheaper

pj887
6 days ago

Cheers for the responses I think your right about dealers haha

peterfrancis
6 days ago

@pj887

I’ve always said, what else is added to the Spray and Capsules?.

Things are potentially harmful to us no doubt, is my best guess.

stumbler
6 days ago

Oh dear, the game has started…..

http://volteface.me/cbd-ban-industry-responds/

guinness
6 days ago

@stumbler £375 for 270 capsules of Sativex yet the going rate for Weed is anything from £150-£200 per ounce,and solid is about £100 the dealers wii never be out of buisness

stumbler
6 days ago

@guinness , don’t ya just love capitalism?

I can see regulation and licensing being employed to severely limit the market. The law of demand and supply will then ensure that this restricted market maintains a high price.

Yes, the black market would seem a better option, if you only knew exactly what you are buying.

Perhaps we need to consider growing it ourselves……….

guinness
6 days ago

@stumbler I value my Liberty too much to even think about growing it,let other people take the risk,and i’m sure you are aware that it’s not hard to source it

stumbler
6 days ago

@guinness , I don’t think the authorities would bother about a couple of plants for personal use.

guinness
6 days ago

@stumbler that would still get you a caution, and a criminal record. The law has to change and the sooner the better

stumbler
6 days ago

@guinness , I agree, we need clarity. I just don’t think we’ll get it………..

guinness
6 days ago

@stumbler neither do I, a house recently raided in south yorks was found to have marijuana inside with a street value of £333,000 and that’s just one house. just look at the money the government are losing

stumbler
6 days ago

@guinness , I can see the Government getting their pound of flesh through licensing and regulation.

And, that’ll keep their capitalist friends happy too……….

spunky
6 days ago

Come to Canada it is being legalized this month for all 18 and over!

guinness
5 days ago

@spunky Congratulations, if your not too busy can you have a word with the British Government.

spunky
5 days ago

@guinness I think it’s great for people who need it and mature adults if they choose but it certainly doesn’t excite me as my kids will soon be teenagers. Since it is legal it will be more readily available.

guinness
5 days ago

@spunky are the Canadian Government going to license shops to sell it and regulate it like in the USA , or can anyone stand on a street corner and sell it.

spunky
5 days ago

@guinness it’s Canada…everything is regulated so it will be sold in regulated stores. You can only buy liquor and beer in government regulated stores but is still easy to get if you are underage.

guinness
5 days ago

@spunky anything and everything is available if you look hard enough, it’s only the price that will be different.

spunky
5 days ago

@guinness I agree with you but by legalizing it, it makes it much more readily available to the audience it is not intended for.

pj887
5 days ago

Theses are all very good point and I agree with most of them, the UK is doing a terrible job of brexit so I don’t think they can do anything right let alone cannabis to be rescheduled correctly 😅

guinness
5 days ago

@pj887 as you and I both know it’s not hard to find it, so people will continue as if nothing has happened

pj887
4 days ago

@guinness Very true haha

guinness
4 days ago

@pj887 Let’s hope they make it legal,as more and more countries actually are latest being CANADA

grandma
4 days ago

Seeing my ms nurse on 22nd for 3 monthly appt cos of Tecfidera, am going to ask about canabis in vaping form now the government have ok’d it for people like us ha ha, it will be interesting to see what the results are. Watch this space!😍

pj887
3 days ago

@grandma will do 👍

guinness
3 days ago

@grandma me too x

smoke4joy
1 day ago

As far as I read in news on https://cannasos.com/ there will be a procedure of prescribing medical marijuana legally.

pj887
19 hours ago

@smoke4joy that is a good news site regarding the subject cheers I save it to my mobiles homepage 😁

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.