Last reply 3 years ago
Me, you, some jokes and food?

No brain, I know shift.ms isn’t a dating website but I figure this can’t do any harm. Yes brain, potentially they could be an axe murderer but then surely the same could be said for everyone, no brain, this does not mean that I’m going to never leave my flat again.

So if there is anyone out there that would fancy meeting up for some drinks and possibly food, send me a message.The worse that can happen is a slightly awkward evening, but there could be a free meal in it for you 😉

London based area peeps if you please, or if you’re happy to you could be based further affield.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

northernlass
4 years ago

Hi @gav .. great idea..(But not for me, I’m too old for you) even if you don’t meet the lady of your dreams maybe you could meet someone in person who you have a nice connection with and a laugh and a nice bit of grub too..(I did something a bit crazy in my 30’s as I felt I was unable to meet men as I never went out (single mum of two kids..) so I liked the look of a mechanic who MOT’ed my car and knew which was his car so left a note on his window screen saying I was the person who had her car MOT’ed earlier and would he like to go for a drink if so ..and left my number.. 🙂 .. it worked and we went out a few times but nothing much came of it long term.. but nothing ventured nothing gained) Good luck and Merry Christmas 😀

reddivine
3 years ago

Internet dating totally can work. i met Jman that way…(he’s based in London and could meet you). Yes I know you were aiming at the female…..(at least i think so….)
We’ll have to do a shift xmas party one year!!!!

aussiekylie
3 years ago

Good on you for putting it out there. A saying that I love “if you don’t ask, the answer will always be no”.

lucinda
3 years ago

Hi @ Gav,

I would of met you for a friendly drink, food and a giggle but I’m down in Devon so a little far to go!

Good on you for asking, I love your honestly and openness

@lucinda x

reddivine
3 years ago

Maybe me and Jman can meet you in the New Year…..i’m in midlands but back & forth to see jman in north london.

reddivine
3 years ago

What ya doing over the New Year Gav? PM me you are at a loose end.

bubblesgalore
3 years ago

Aww that’s lovely. I would have been a ‘yep’ if I were younger lol.. Also based in leeds.. So extend the invite to all and perhaps a general meet in the new year? Xx

tiredas
3 years ago

Hi Gav,
I met my bf on a disability dating site. We are getting married and we are very in love, despite I have turned SPMS in the 3 1/2 years since we met and I am now very disabled!

I am new to this site and not finding it very user-friendly. It has not asked me where I am from, my age etc. and I can’t see where to fill this in. I am from Australia. Any help appreciated!

Heather.

tiredas
3 years ago

Naaah, what’s wrong with you Lucinda!!! My bf is in Portugal and I live in Australia! Are we Australian’s the only ones, due to our vast size and vast open spaces that are cool about distance. If the love of your life lives 11,000 miles away, then he lives 11,000 miles away! I met my soul mate, and I believe there is only one of them!

It is taking me a long time to move over to Portugal though, due to all my progression and trying to consolidate things here. We have been wanting to marry for 3 years now!

About age: should not be a big deal, within reason. My bf is 8 1/2 years younger. I am 48 1/2 and Nuno has just turned 40. It is me 3 years ago on my avatar when I met Nuno for the first time in Lisbon. He is in the background taking my photo.

Heather.

aussiekylie
3 years ago

Hi @tiredas I’m Australian living in Australia! Welcome!

tiredas
3 years ago

Yay! I worked out how to update my details. Now, I’m on the map!

tiredas
3 years ago

Well, my four year relationship is over and it is the worst type of pain imaginable. I have always encouraged people to find love after meeting the love of my life and soul mate four years ago, despite my MS.

It is hard to find meaning when every little thing you try to and need to do is near impossible with advanced MS. Having a love like I did gave my life meaning.

It was a very long distance romance, but I was intending to move overseas and marry him, but progressing MS, severe disability and severe fatigue was slowing things down for years. He was very patient and our love was strong despite the distance. I was always focussed on the goal to be with him and that got me through a lot.

For complicated reasons, although separated, he was still living under the same roof as his wife. His wife knew about me. A knew religious faith has caused him to change his mind about divorcing his wife so that I can marry him and live in his country – moving away from a country that I adore, but with no regrets to be with him.

My devotion to him has been rock solid and it hurts so much to have this happen. He doesn’t love his wife but loves me and I find his decision hard to accept. He was well and truly estranged from his wife when we met, and he will continue in a distant type of relationship with her. It is what he feels he needs to do.

northernlass
3 years ago

Hi @tiredas, what an awful thing to have to deal with.. heartache is such a terrible physical pain and on top of having SPMS… I really feel for you.. have you got a good circle of family and friends to help you get through this..?. I hope so and us here too of course so you are not alone. It does sound quite complicated for your ex bf still living with a wife he doesn’t love and not being able to move on with his life.. and it sounds like an awful sacrifice to give up love and happiness.. what do they say “a life not lived is no life at all…”. Best wishes

tiredas
3 years ago

Thankyou northernlass. It is more complicated than you can imagine. He has a young daughter and a wife with bipolar disorder. He has type 1 diabetes and can have “hypos” and often does, where he is unconscious or at the very least confused. He can’t live alone. Many a time his wife has had to call the paramedics for him.
He really does love me and has done for four years and still does. Yes, it is a sacrifice which he believes is the right thing to do for his faith. He believes more in the next life than this one.

For me I just have to get through this one and my MS is pretty advanced and he helped me enormously with his love and support and the belief that before much longer, I would be with him as his wife.

My support here is not good. It did not please my family that I was moving from Australia to Portugal. They will be pleased that now I will not be. I had love and a life waiting for me over there. Here I have four walls and my MS.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.