Last reply 2 months ago
May not be me but fnd

Been to see my neurologist to day. He’s going to test me for me but he Thinks i may have fnd. As anyone had the same said to them.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

jack13
2 months ago

I’m sorry I me t MS

grandma
2 months ago

Hi Jack and welcome, Im glad you’ve found us. You are in what we call Limboland, not yet diagnosed but still suffering allthe the wierd symptoms. Sit back, have a cuppa, do t stress, stress is one if the worst things if it us ms, it only exacerbates it and can bea major factor in relapses so do take care. If it does turn out to be ms, then you will have dozens of questions , take your time, write all your questions down, you wont remember when you get to see the neurologist. You can always comr here for a chat, a moan, a celebrate, a cry, whatever , we don’t judge, you can say almost anything (barring slander!) and always remember, if it is ms, there is no such thing as a silly question Im one of the old codgers, had the beast for 25 years, and even though there were no DMT’s in those days,
I hate to say this, but if it is ms, you have a huge choice of DMT’d these days,l depending on age, type of ms etc.,something that was notavailableall all those years ago.Keep posting, we don’t know all the answers, but “we know a man who does” usually Stumbler who will be along shortly. 😍

stumbler
2 months ago

Hi @jack13 , Neuros have a wealth of terms to use when they think it’s MS, but all the boxes are yet to be ticked. FND, CIS, TM just to mention a few! Personally, I feel these terms are cop-outs and they may as well say you’re not well!

@grandma has already given you a wealth of advice. Do, live healthily, eat healthily and yes, avoid stress.

jack13
2 months ago

Thank you @stumbled and @grandma for reply and being so understanding. I see all my post s have many spelling mistakes. You wouldn’t believe that in December i was working in customer service answering email s daily. Any way i m going to relax and see what happen s. It’s so touching to now there are people out there who can calm you down just through a reply. Thank you

gypsyrose
2 months ago

Hi @jack13 welcome

I also am in that limbo stage and have been for a year now,unfortunately last week had my first relapes, have a great GP who i wish was my neuro also. While i have been lucky so far to have no changes in the MRI, it is hard not to stress cause and be frustrated with so much going on and you just want an answers and wish the body would just be they way it used to be.

The MSers here are great listeners and understand how you feel.

jack13
2 months ago

Hi @gypsyrose you are correct they are great listeners. This limbo stage is tiring and i believe makes symptoms worse. I am feeling better i could have fnd as I do seem to have every single symptom you get with ms since January. We can all just be there for each over as we get out diagnose.

vixen
2 months ago

Hello @jack13. Whilst you’re in this nightmare limboland, which we all recognise, bear in mind that whatever is going on in your body is going on regardless of how much energy you put into willing it away or stressing about it. So in short, don’t waste your time worrying and fretting unecessarily! It will be hard, but life just must go on, and you with it. So, be nice to yourself and treat yourself well. Eat and live healthily as possible. Keep a diary of any symptoms and weird things which will be useful for your consultant. Stay strong, the force is with you…..

jack13
2 months ago

Hi @stumbler and @grandma. Hope you are well. Just wondering as my neurologist thinks i have fnd i got my mir
scan tomorrow.just seems quick and being on a sunday.Is it normal for tests to move quick and how
Long till I get my results. Thanks for your advice before regards donna

stumbler
2 months ago

@jack13 , hope the MRi goes/went well. This will provide the Neuro with a lot more information about what’s going on. This will allow them to consider a formal diagnosis, rather than provide generic terms.

I would say that if you haven’t heard within a couple of weeks, then contact the Neuro’s secretary and politely chase them up. 😉

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.