Last reply 2 months ago
Massage advice

Hi everyone, I have RRMS and at the moment I’m very well. My daughter has arranged a spa day for us and booked some treatments, one being a shoulder, neck and scalp massage. Knowing I have lesions on my brain and spinal cord, is this a good idea? I have suffered with l’hermittes sign previously and I’m concerned this massage could do me more harm than good.
Does anyone have any advice please?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
2 months ago

@t-luv , I doubt very much if it would cause any problems.

Just enjoy your girlie pamper day.

edmontonalberta
2 months ago

@t-luv

I love massages. Would have them 7 days a week in my budget allowed… The only thing to remember is to give your therapist advance notice of your body’s quirks.

For example, the bottom of my feet are extremely ticklish – if anybody touches them I automatically kick. One massage therapist learned the hard way to remember what I told her… LOL

As you can tell by my post, I am jealous. Enjoy…

t-luv
2 months ago

@stumbler @edmontonalberta
Thank you for putting my mind at ease, I’m really looking forward to enjoying the whole day now 🙂

newfiegirl11
2 months ago

I am a Registered Massage Therapist, as well as an instructor for the program in my city. We teach the students about MS & different modifications they may need to use while giving a massage treatment with someone who has MS.
If you’re going somewhere that doesnt have registered therapists I would just reccomend that you don’t allow them to use heat as part of your massage, unless you have a ride home & are planning to have a big nap when you get there 🙂
Enjoy !

supermum1983
2 months ago

I’ve got one booked this Thursday and I had one last week on holiday forgetting about this one, ah well lol!!I try and get one month even before I was diagnosed. Was always in chronic pain just didn’t realise it might of had a name to it. Enjoy yourself

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.