Last reply 5 months ago
Lyrica 911 be aware everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone my name is rick f. I’ve had ms rm since 2014. My neourologist is highly qualified at Lima Linda ca. Usa. I’ve done ok for the most part. On my 2nd ms med tecfedera 2. Years now. Had steroid treatment 2 years Ago for eye vision fine. My left hand. Been numb since I was diagnosed 3.5 yrs ago. Here comes the warning. 15 months ago I started 100 m.g. Lyrica 2omths after starting I noticed I was forcing my urinating too much . Then a month later I noticed I was swollen on my left side of my Abdomin. 1 month after that I had small persistent stomach ache. This all can most likely be ms or unrelated. Then dec.26th 2017 they doubled my dose of lyrica to 200 m.g. A day to try to help my hand mum ness pins and needles. Also the prior 6 months I had a lot of gait my left leg. I thought I was having a relapse. Well within 4weeks of my lyrica being doubled I was overnight in extreme pain abdomin kidneys swollen bladder in pain pins needles face Abdomin left eyelid swollen. ALOT of the symptoms over the past year were identical to ms. I’ve been in e.r. 4 times in 3 weeks and dr.s couldn’t figure it out till I did. Lyrica can mimic ms for a long time or hit you quick. You at think you are in a relapse but the thing to look for is new symptoms areas of numbness you never had and rapid decline in your abilities. Most ms meds work good that having rapid changes is unlikely. I now have stopped lyrica 21 days and things are a lot better have kidney problem and stomach. Ulcers . Seeing gi. Doc and urologist soon. I should be recoverable. Lyrica was close to shutting all my organs down. Within weeks I would of been dead.This drug is very very dangerous especially for ms people because it’s dangerous symptoms are normal symptoms of ms. Then when you figure it out you close to death. Pls. Give me your input. Rick f

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
9 months ago

@rickf , that’s a fair warning.

However, it is accepted that not all drugs work for everyone and we should always be aware of potential side effects.

Personally, I’ve been on Lyrica for more years than I care to remember.

rickf
7 months ago

Thank you all for your thoughts! I hope my awful experience with my adverse reaction to lyrica will prevent anyone from going through what I have. I was on lyrica 15 months. It could of been prevented if my neurologist would of listened to me when I reported my symptoms as each one happened. She would tell me to have my general practioner handle it. My general doctor kept ignoring doing any exam or investigate the problems. I have talked to one lawyer and although he is too busy to take my case he said its a good case. It’s a delayed diagnosis with no diagnosis resulting in a serious injury. I am doing a little better. My kidney is working but atrophic. My creatine/ bun levels are ok but won’t know how long that will last. My intestinal ulcer is being treated and is getting better slowly. The cysts on my kidneys and liver are small and have to be monitored and if they get bigger will have to be drained. One very difficult symptom to reverse if possible is the severe gait in my leg w/ foot drop. It’s hardly been improving. I’m able to move my toes now but the foot is numb and it’s a damaged nerve problem. My blood pressure is down and my numb chest has gone away for now. One other problem is my hip is hurting from the kidney. I reported my severe adverse reactions to phiszer and to the fda. Thanks everyone for caring. rickf

dinnerlady
7 months ago

Hi there just a question what on earth is Lyrica never heard of it is it a m.s. medication????

mermaidia11
7 months ago

Hello lovely ! And @rickf
Sounds like a nightmare – thank god you are still here to tell the tale the lawyer in me urges you to speak again to a lawyer – it’s not what happens to you…
Thanks for the warning btw – I swerved it as a result.. I’d rather suffer than potentially add to my problems
I guess u are taking and doing all you can to heal, so I’ll not teach you to suck eggs

We are all different and it comes down to choice and necessity
It can be horrific late stages…

It’s known as pregablin here in Blighty/uk @dinnerlady btw
Look after yourselves everyone, esp u Rick x
Thanks

norm
7 months ago

Tecfidera 4 years running, activity helps the pins and needles. I have numbness only sometimes when I overdo it. Foot drop since my first big attack.

norm
7 months ago

Are you the VA Loma Linda or the big house? I’m Just down the road.

rickf
7 months ago

Thank you for all responding ! I’m at riverside university health systems the neurology clinic is run by Lima Linda associated doctors. Today I received a call for urology appointment . It was ordered first week jan 2018. Approved by insurance 2 nd week jan 2018. They have set my appointment August 21 of this year. Talk about poor service. So I’ve been forcing urine reporting it jan. 2017 . By the time august comes will total 1year and 8 months to investigate the issue that has been discovered by myself in 4 th er visit in 3 weeks fen this year and resulted in atrophic kidney . I’m completely blown away at the fact my first. 2 yrs of being seen there they appeared very professional. Then it turned worse very fast like over night. My function of overall kidney is alright for now. I’ve spent a tremendous amount of days since January 1st this yr till now 5 months of no kidding friends 85- 90percent inside in bed.ive had only a small amount of good days those were spent grocery shopping by necessity not choice. Or appoinentdvdental or dr. Also my near by friend I’m on tecfidera now a little over. 2 yrs it only stops any further worrisomingvof my ms but I get none relief of any symptoms. Also my sweet new friend past attorney thanks for the pep talk I’ve only had rejections but a few have told me keep looking my case is good but not high dollar. My ulcer is getting better but won’t completely rid that swelling on my side completely still wants to live more days to invade my bidy still. My doctor might have to do more serious treatment that would be bacterial intestine treatment. She talked about this one first and stepping up if this one doesn’t do it . Again hello everyone and thanks for helping me deal with all this. Ruckf

rickf
5 months ago

Richard Frazin. 300s. Highlandsprings ave. ste6-c Banning Ca. 92220 ph. No. 626 222-2211. I still need a attorney to represent my case. I have MRI t- spine may 2016 with no damage at all perfect. Started lyrica nov. 2016 reported numerous times smptoms to neorologist and primary care n. p. over 14 months not one exam or result nothing then 4 times er in feb 2018 after doubling my lyrica dose 4 weeks prior. I was having rare adverse reaction almost died. March 21 st had another MRI t- spine and suprise- cyst on each kidney one on liver, ulcer in duedeum, and last but not lest right atrophic kdney!!!!!! Did 3 catscans in the 4 er visits 1 m h earlier Andy kdney is there and only a symmetrical . Did I mention both doctors never returned any of my calls to follow up after each er visit. I Need a attorney to contact me who WANs to win a case that is a slam dunk. Plse consider my plea for help!! Hank you Richard Frazin

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.