kinga 08/03/17
Last reply 11 months ago
Lyme Diesese tests while doing MS tests?

Have you been tested for Lyme disease while undergoing MS diagnosis?
Im surprised I had to ask my neuro for the tests. Its a standard procedure in Poland but I guess its not in the UK?

We have almost a Lyme pandemic in Poland ( 4 of my friends were diagnosed with it)
so I thought its a standard test in the UK considering how many people travel around the world nowadays…

I heard Lyme is as tricky to diagnose as MS.

So just wondering if you had tests for it as standard or had to request it

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

cocofloyd1
11 months ago

Hi
Yes I was tested for Lyme along with all others that mimic ms hiv, syphilis,ANA,ANCA etc. I live in Scotland so not sure if it’s standard practice throughout UK.

Anonymous
11 months ago

Hi @kinga,

Here in Belgium I was tested for I think about everything except for cancer markers!

tracyd
11 months ago

Yes I was tested for Lyme at the time I was having my diagnosis process. UK Hampshire (at the time) checking in

noelie
11 months ago

@kinga, yes, in london i was tested for lyme automatically, along with many other things.

kinga
11 months ago

damn I knew that!
When I started researching MS it seemed to be such a obvious thing to test as well
especially that im from the heavily affected region I mentioned straight away.
I read that its best to test the spinal fluid for that – I had the LP done but obviously the opportunity to test it for Lyme is now wasted.
I was surprised my neuro didn’t test for it after so many consultations which makes me think that I should perhaps get a second opinion.

potter
11 months ago

I was not tested for Lyme and I asked my neuro if I should be and he said no. He said I wasn’t showing any symptoms of Lyme’s disease, I live in the US. Potter

spunky
11 months ago

I live in Canada and was automatically tested for Lyme, TB, NMO and a couple of others.

smurf69
11 months ago

I was tested for Lyme and was negative but am aware of the high rate of false negatives. I did have the typical bullseye rash which predated my neurological symptoms by 6-8 months. It wasn’t recognised as a tick bite and I was given steroids and antihistamines at the time.

molly89
11 months ago

In the UK it was one of the last tests I had to make sure it was ruled out.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.