Last reply 2 months ago
Lumber puncture

Evening all, had my x ray guided lumber puncture today, I was a in pain a hour after, but what a difference it makes having the x ray guided one rather then the basic one where, was much quicker and not so much prodding around. X

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
2 months ago

@melmel1 , I’m pleased it was more successful for you.

melmel1
2 months ago

@stumbler thank u x

grandma
2 months ago

@melmel1 I’m so glad things worked out for you and have moved on. When 2 junior doctors tried to do one on me 25 yrs ago they weren’t successful after 2 days of trying, neurologist sat down with one on each side and said he would show them how it was done, after several attempts ( needless to say I was black and blue by this time) he failed, turned to them and apologised, ( never apologised to me) said it couldn’t be done, whisked me off to gave a guided one and it turns out I’ve got a bent spine so the chances of getting a needle in the gap was some between slim and none🥊😜

supermum1983
2 months ago

I was still numb from my relapse when they did my lumbar puncture so felt it ok but I was very light headed after blood pressure had dropped as they took blood as well. The guy was lovely he had long nails to get in between the spine which was gross but it worked. Glad yours went ok x

melmel1
2 months ago

@grandma Thank you so glad they got the fluid its too painful for them not to get it like last time, You have really been through it I could not take 2 days of that have you had ever had a successful lumber puncture then? You must have been in so much pain😭.X

@supermum1983 lol long finger nails,I’m glad it’s over because the last one was horrific and unsuccessful, how have u been hope ur ok. X

melmel1
2 months ago

Wow I really spoke to soon had lumber puncture on tues and have had headaches from hell since the wed and back ache oh my god what is thissss.😂

stumbler
2 months ago

@melmel1 , you really need to keep lying down. Try drinking caffeinated drinks.

This will pass.

melmel1
2 months ago

@stumbler thank you I will try that feel like I’m in hell X

rmdaniels
2 months ago

@melmel1
Sorry to hear its been so rough! Hoping tomorrow is a much better day my friend!

melmel1
2 months ago

@rmdaniels im hoping so too x

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.