Last reply 4 years ago
Lost friends

I’m so shocked how many friends I have actually lost thro having Ms and not being able to go out and party with them like I use to first time in my life I feel lonely x

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

lina
4 years ago

@Katrina42 I’ve not heard from a couple of friends since I told them I know its Christmas but a phone call would be nice.

northernlass
4 years ago

Hi @Katrina42 I think at this time of year it always looks like EVERYONE is out and having fun, going to parties, having Christmas drinks and if you are either not invited or you are asked to go along but have concerns about how you can cope on a night out with MS (One of my main worries is needing THE LOO..!!! and falling over after a few sherberts..!!!) then it can feel like you are missing out. Are you able to arrange a small gathering of close friends at your home, a few nibbles and glasses of wine to toast the time of year.. If you don’t get invited to the party then bring the party to you.. 🙂 Try not to feel alone with MS Katrina because it has brought you into contact (Be it online) with all of us on here, who many will also be able to relate to your difficulties… Let us know how your party goes.. 🙂

tiggermum
4 years ago

@Katrina42 I totally agree. I have lost quite a few – and also a self employed job. 🙁

mika
4 years ago

@Katrina42,
I know this sounds harsh but see it like this: if friends leave you when you tell them you’re not 100% anymore, then they’re no friends and you should be glad you’re rid of them.
And it doesn’t even need to be an illness.
A lot of people just do “out of sight out of mind”.
But if your friends have left you because you can’t go out getting pissed with them as much anymore, well.. what good is that? Surely there are other ways to have a good time?

mika
4 years ago

@Katrina42,
I know this sounds harsh but see it like this: if friends leave you when you tell them you’re not 100% anymore, then they’re no friends and you should be glad you’re rid of them.
And it doesn’t even need to be an illness.
A lot of people just do “out of sight out of mind”.
But if your friends have left you because you can’t go out getting pissed with them as much anymore, well.. what good is that? Surely there are other ways to have a good time?

cameron
4 years ago

Fact is, even without MS, friends tend to come and go in anyone’s (busy) life. I agree with @mika – ‘out of sight, out of mind’ is what can easily happen for no particular reason. A lot of people on shift.ms have posted about how ‘friends’ have hurt them deeply through their unhelpful comments about MS. Take some comfort that your lot haven’t managed to damage you in that way – as they might well have done, given that they clearly don’t understand what you’re dealing with. Try and see this as marking time till you make new connections – who will be better friends. xxx

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.