Last reply 1 week ago
Long Lemtrada day

Hello everyone I’m new to the forum. I’m on my first dose of lemtrada after trying everything under the sun. I’ve had MS since 1989 and have definitely had my ups and downs this is my last resort. I got here at 730am and I am not done yet due to nausea and rash. But I’m keeping an open mind coming right back tomorrow and rest of week. If anyone has finished the first round of lemtrada I would love to hear how it went.
Thanks,
LA

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

highlander
1 week ago

Hi @laurie_alli
Welcome to the club.
If you use the magnifying glass top left as you would a search engine type in your med and you’ll find lots of posts on this subject.
I’m sure the more enlightened members of the club will be along soon.
No doubt they have been making bonfires and playing with fireworks.
I hope it goes smoother for you tomorrow.
Keep us posted

laurie_alli
1 week ago

@highlander
Thanks for the info. I pray it’s smoother tomorrow too. Still nauseous I did not know that it’s chrmotherapy I read every pamphlet they sent me, talked to my doctor and never seen anything about chemo smh.

highlander
1 week ago

@luarie_alli
I’ve reposted an older post that will hopefully put your mind at rest.
But please use the magnifying glass yo search it’ll give you more details.
Keep smiling

highlander
1 week ago

stumbler
1 week ago

Hi @laurie_alli snd welcome.

Another way to access the previous conversations about Lemtrada is to select the “Lemtrada” button that was added to the bottom of your original post above. 😉

You could also have a read through of our @tracyd ‘s blog of her experience at:-

http://tracyslemtradajourney.blogspot.com/

laurie_alli
1 week ago

@highlander I see that your on tecfidera which I was on for years and loved it and the idea of not getting poked daily but after about 5 years my body rejected it and I ended up in icu with my lymph nodes so large that it was closing my windpipe it was horrible. But it was definitely my favorite choice as well. I’ve had MS since 1989 and have been on avonex, copaxone, Ocrevus, aubagio, solumedrol(every 6 weeks) which blew me up and now lemtrada and for some reason this one scares me the most but I’m TRYING to keep open mind.

laurie_alli
1 week ago

@stumbler
Thanks for the info I will read up on it. I’m getting ready to go to day 2 of lemtrada and hoping it’s better than yesterday with the migraine and nausea.

stumbler
1 week ago

@laurie_alli , I’m sure today will be better. Just keep the nurses advised of any problems and they can treat accordingly.

tracyd
1 week ago

@laurie_alli

You have a friend request if you need someone to talk to or have questions about the blog. Happy to share contact details if you need to talk

T xx

highlander
1 week ago

@laurie_alli
I hope all is going swimmingly today?

Errm do blokes have lymph nodes ??
As I’m sure no one has mentioned them to me….
Mind you I’m not that bright I learned about the birds and the bee’s from here.
It was most enlightening!
I even found out babies are made with chocolate,wine,lots of flowers,gold rings, diamond rings, fancy dresses, expensive hotels and a day of blind panic 9 months after the last day at the expensive hotel .
Followed by 20 years of worrying after said child.
Only to find out it is way worse than you imagined…….then your told you have MS to deal with …… When’s the next lottery?
Thought this would make you smile.

vixen
1 week ago

Hello @laurie_alli, good grief, what you don’t know about DMDs isn’t worth knowing! Glad that you’ve found Shift, all the best to you. Post updates! 🙂

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.