Last reply 3 years ago
Loneliness & Lack of Understanding

I hope its okay to post this here.

Im 24 with Primary Progressive MS. I live with just my mother in the south…we havent lived here long so I don’t have many friends due to not being able to get out and about to meet people. Ive been struggling with depression due to the lack of understanding on my mothers part…..and loneliness. I feel like nobody really knows (in my personal life) how lonely and isolating this illness really is and how frustrating it is not being able to carry out simple tasks (like having to wash up, or hoover which is exhasting in itself). Im also due to get a wheelchair for outdoor mobility next week which has had my mood hit a new altogether low.

How do you guys cope with isolation, loneliness lack of understanding and the low moods that come with MS?

Thanks in advance.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

@believetoachieve , it’s perfectly OK to post here.

Loneliness and isolation are an occupational hazard with MS. We can find it easier to stop making the effort – it’s easier and more comfortable to stay at home.

The acquisition of a wheelchair would help in that respect. Don’t dwell on what it means to you. Just look on it as a tool to give you more flexibility.

I get out a couple of times a week to the Sussex MS Treatment Centre in Southwick. I know that’s not too far from you. Are you able to make a short train journey?

Here’s their website, showing the activities and complementary treatments that are available there.

http://mssussex.com/

Let me know if you fancy that and can get to Southwick station and I can pick you up from there……

Hi @stumbler Thanks so much for the offer! I live just out of brighton so that would be great! If you send me a private message we can sort something out.

Thanks again!
Lucie

stumbler
3 years ago

@believetoachieve , pm sent. 😉

honeybunny
3 years ago

Hi @believetoachieve, I just saw your post and wanted to ask you how you are doing x

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.