markc 25/04/17
Last reply 1 month ago
London – social activities?

Hi There

I’m new on here and have been diagnosed since 2010. I work in the City of London and initially I struggled to find anyone to talk to – all the groups around me seemed to be closed or not responding. At the beginning I just need to talk to someone with more experience. Now I know my ‘own’ MS so I don’t really need to talk about it but the experience makes me think there must be others out there who are currently feeling the same. I know it takes a lot of volunteers and time to do this, so I was wondering if I could help change this.
At work I look after a number of coffee shops, 11 Starbucks in the City and I can organise space to have coffee, chats or just to meet and then go to the pub or out for lunch.
Is there something that is already happening somewhere? Is there a need for something like this? I’d love to know so if you have any comments or ideas, let me know and if you know of any groups I should be speaking to, point me in the right direction.

Have a good Tuesday

Mark

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

Hi @markc and welcome.

Shift.MS has a Community Co-ordinator, Sarah, who assists Forum members, who wish to meet up in areas around the country, including London. She’s presently on leave, but I’ll bring this to her attention for when she returns.

I’ll let her bring you up to speed with what’s going on.

markc
1 year ago

Thanks stumbler 😀

dmarucci
1 year ago

Hi @markc I attend a group in Redbrigde, Chadwell Heath that is a great place to meet others with the condition and we have a laugh.
If this isn’t to far from you I reccomend this group to go on a Thursday like myself at the moment. The place is called The Majorie Collins Centre on Grove Road. I am trying to bring a younger crowd to this centre and your presence will be most welcome.

Thanks,
Dan

Come to my spirited friends we’re a group of young ppl with MS who meet up for food and drinks every 2 months in the green room in Waterloo.

It’s fun and there’s usually quite a good crowd 🙂

Home

Come to my spirited friends we’re a group of young ppl with MS who meet up for food and drinks every 2 months in the green room in Waterloo.

It’s fun and there’s usually quite a good crowd 🙂

Home

sarahshift
1 month ago

@agnieszka-legierska @markc @dmarucci

We’re hosting a very unique meet up in London on 3rd May. See details here, https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/mser-meetup-tickets-45337819639

You will need to use the password Shift.ms to enter and register. Numbers are limited due to venue capacity but we’re hoping up to 30 MSers will be there.

samantha_louise
1 month ago

Hi i have just logged in to join, is it for people with MS to meet and chat or is it an art expedition for a man who has MS? Either way it does look interesting! Thanks

amyshift
1 month ago

@samantha_louise the event is for MSers to meet up. The installation actually launches on the 30th April, we thought it would be a cool location for people to meet up for a chat over beer and some pizza. If you’re into art, it’s really an added bonus.

samantha_louise
1 month ago

Brilliant! Thanks. I am about to embrace lemtrada so no pizza for me! … but I never say no to a beer!! 🙂

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.