zulfihan 15/01/17
Last reply 1 year ago
Liver enlarged in size 17cm

Dear all,

l have been on avonex since l was diagnosed may 2015 and in the last 4 or 5 months l have been having abdominal pain and bloated after each meal,and uncomfortable
breathing.. so l went to Dr. and ultra sound scan results show that l have Liver enlarge in size 17 cm in craniocaudal length with mildly increased. I have not talked to mu neuro yet but from what l have found is the side effect of Avonex. L do not know whether this new problem can be treatable or not? Has anyone had such issue?
What should l do?

Thanks

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

@zulfihan , liver problems are associated with Avonex. You should be having regular blood tests to monitor this, to ensure that you are staying with acceptable parameters.

If this risk is seen to be too high, you DMT should be reviewed.

zulfihan
1 year ago

Thank you stumbler..
l have never had any blood test since l started this dmt, but thinking now stopping for 3 months what would happen give it a break to clean itself, or repair. other dmt also have side effects.. they are all for the same purposes… so no dmt for 3 months
would l get another relaps..

that would be very bad indeed

stumbler
1 year ago

@zulfihan , you need to speak to your Neuro as a matter of urgency to discuss this.

I don’t really understand why the Neuro is not being responsible for managing this DMT. Have blood tests ever been discussed with your MS Nurse?

zulfihan
1 year ago

Noo nothing was even discussed in London either my dr. in London is Dr. Cxxxxxxx… saw him last August.
he did not say anything regarding the blood tests or whether l need it regularly or not he just said carry on with avonex. That is it.

What kind of blood test l need now ?

Name removed to avoid legal repercussions – admin (Stumbler)

stumbler
1 year ago

@zulfihan , it is just a standard blood test to check your liver function. I believe they check enzymes, total protein, albumin and bilirubin (just Googled that for you). 😉

zulfihan
1 year ago

Thank you for the info and taking the Dr. name out, did not think of it.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.