I’m just going to warn everyone in advance that this is a rant coming up, I’m also pretty sure I’ve ranted about this / or very similar before.
Why am I so mad?
1. So I’d just started to feel like my career was taking off after many years, thanks to the financial crash- unable to find decent interesting work when I graduated and also unsure what I wanted to do/be. Now, diagnosed, unable to do that work. I’m only 29.
2. My employers are beyond amazing and sympathetic to my situation. They’ve allowed me to start working completely flexibly from home – even if I don’t NEED to be away from the office.
3. I have no reason to be mad/sad about this.
4. I’ve managed to get rid of all the parts of my job/ responsibilities I hated to someone else who started after me. Win!
5. I’ve ended up with the best parts of my job with flexibility to work from home.
6. I’m still mad becauseI feel like a failure unable to work 5 days a week from the office.
7. I feel like my value as an employee has hit rock bottom.
8. I feel like all other employees see me as an inept charity case/ privileged girl pretending there’s something wrong with her.
9. I don’t feel there will ever be any further chance to progress my career.
Also mad that I seem to care so much about my career!
10. and mad that other people are in far worse situations and deal with it with grace… I’m certainly throwing my emotional toys out of the pram!
How do I accept these new realities and limitations 2 years on?
Will I ever feel happy with these limitations again? I almost feel like I’d be happier if people could see a reason for them- no one understands fatigue even if they are sympathetic.
Feel like I should only moan once I’m in a much darker place really!
Browse categories and add by clicking on them
You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.