randomusername 20/02/17
Last reply 1 year ago
Lesion on vagus nerve?

Hey everyone! I’ve recently had an MRI which showed new lesion (4th in 2 years, yay) on vagus nerve on the right side of medulla, fortunately non active one. I was wondering how common are they generally in MS and what to expect?

Prior to that I had relapse since beginning of November that resulted in vertigo and balance problems (walking like on boat). After steroids treatment and daily balance training my symptoms greatly improved but in the middle of January I felt that something was wrong again like I wasn’t as precise during exercises as before. More than that I started having recurrent head pain behind right ear, throat tightness and extreme heaviness in chest that made me want to just lie down and rest (doesn’t feel like MS Hug as far as I learned).

However after MRI my neuro couldn’t find any abnormalities during all those typical tests but neither could tell me why I started having those symptoms a month after steroids. Can it actually be a new relapse because vagus nerve theoretically shouldn’t cause vertigo/balance problems?

My another mistake was reading articles on symptoms of vagus nerve disorders and sudden death when medulla lesions are involved. So for the past few days I’ve been experiencing very similar symptoms (throat tightness, feeling of stuck food down the throat, chest heaviness, stomach rumble), though my heartbeat and arterial pressure seem to be normal. I hope this is just an anxiety but still this new lesion bugs me so much.

Thanks.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

reonna
1 year ago

I don’t have a lesion on my vegal nerve and I get the same experience of [throat tightness, feeling of stuck food down the throat, chest heaviness]..I also assume it’s anxiety, but I always say it feels like piece of a peanut butter sandwich stuck in my throat. Ugh.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.