Last reply 9 months ago
Lemtrada & wine!

I finished my first course of Lemtrada a week on Friday. I’ve had conflicting information from my ms nurse and neuro with regards to alcohol consumption (or lack of it!) for the next 7 weeks. Can anyone advise what they have been told about having an alcoholic beverage after they’ve had Lemtrada? Thanks 🙂

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

holly12345
2 years ago

My goodness anyone telling me I can’t have a drinky is just plain swearing!!!
But in all seriousness I had lemtrada in November and nobody told me it was off limits ???????

harmony
2 years ago

Oh Holly, I could kiss you!!! Now, I’m not saying I have a problem with alcohol but an already missing my glass (or sometimes 2)in the evening. Thanks so much for your quick response 🙂

holly12345
2 years ago

Hi there
No problem glad I could help!!
I’m not an alcoholic but after each day dealing with what MS throws at us i really really look forward at night to my chilled large glass of pinot ?????

harmony
2 years ago

I know, it’s my little bit of ‘normal’ at the end of a day. Thanks again, and good luck ??

pv04
2 years ago

In moderation, I don’t think it makes much difference. but guess it depends on how you feel in general

tracyd
2 years ago

I enjoyed my wine as normal after treatment. Interesting side effect though of the steroids I think was that I didn’t get a hangover for about 8 weeks after the infusions though (and I did try)
Enjoy
xx

marveless
9 months ago

Thanks I am day 1, of Round 1 so glad I can still have a glass of wine in the evening

tallritchie
9 months ago

Thanks all
Just finalising lemtrada as my first DMT.
A G&T makes coping easier. 🙂
Rich

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.