reds44 01/05/17
Last reply 9 months ago
LEMTRADA @TRACYD

Well have seen on several lemtrada posts that you are the woman to ask. I have had MS for 16 years never any problems legs have gone the 3 years and they really got worse after the 1st round, Had 2nd round end of Jan. I have heard that it does not work well with older people (54) and people that have had MS for a long time. I am wondering where people get their information from?

Thank you in advance.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

tracyd
9 months ago

@reds44

Apologies for hte dealy in replying, it’s been frantic at work after the bank holiday and this is the first chance I’ve had to log on.

I see you’re in SC so time difference might be a challenge, but happy to talk, in the interim have you joined either of the 2 big Facebook groups for Lemtrada ? There are a large number of people who are older with long term diagnosis who have responded very well to the treatment and seen their progression halt and improvement in symptoms.

There’s a saying in the community, it’s a marathon not a sprint, that this isn’t a magic bullet and that after round 2 is when those diagnosed for longer stabilise and experience some improvement.

I would highly recommend looking at a lady called Charly Barnard’s posts in the Lemtrada for MS group which is the more global group (that group however does seem to have a larger number of drama and crisis people in it) The Alemtuzumab for UK and Ireland group is a more pragmatic and calm environment to discuss the treatment and read about others experiences.

You have a friend request, I’m happy to share contact details for Skype / Facebook Messenger etc xxx

reds44
9 months ago

@tracyd I do belong to both groups on FB and I learn a lot from them, like I’m not the only one who has gotten worse since treatment I am 14 months post when I started I used a hiking stick for a cane now I use a rollator 24/7 the drug maker does not have any negativity about this drug. So I have also read on Shift other people having big problems, same as me having a lot of trouble with walking which happened after the 1st infusion. Do not hear much about that on any of the Lemtrada web sites. Thank you for your response. I learn also on these sites, just wonder where everyone gets all of there information from.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.