robaczek1 05/05/17
Last reply 9 months ago
Lemtrada second dose

Hi all any idea if is worth it to go for second round of lemtrada???my one is due in June and im thinking because my first left me with running nose and infections
Thanksfor replays 😚😚😚

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

daniel2025
9 months ago

You don’t have a choice it’s part of the treatment protocol. Also if you do try to refuse this and if by some miracle your neurologist was ok with it (which they won’t be) then you would only have yourself to blame if you start relapsing again.

You need to be more careful to avoid infections some stuff would be move away from people who are unwell.

ashory
9 months ago

Not having the second dose of Lemtrada is like only taking 5 days worth of a 10 day course of Antibiotics.

You need to have the second dose to ensure you get the most out of it. Stopping now would pretty much mean you had the first dose for no reason.

I’d suggest you research Lemtrada a little more to understand how it works.

What kind of infections do you keep getting?

tracyd
9 months ago

The treatment protocol is 2 doses to ensure that any T&B cells which might have ‘memory’ of MS behaviour are wiped out.

To expand on ashory’s analogy …..

It’s like getting off a train half way to your destination and then wondering why you’re not there yet.

Being careful, anti bacterial obsessed and making sure get plenty of fresh air, and you eat a well balanced diet with lots of fresh fruit and vegetables (not pre prepared crap in bags) helps prevent infections.

lesliebilbrey
9 months ago

I was on Copaxone 19 years and then had a major relapse doing severe damage—after solumedrol I statrted Gilenya and it helped some but I am still somewhat progessing and wondered about lemtrada—thoughts on Lemtrada vs Gilenya?

tracyd
9 months ago

Gilenia eas never even a consideration for me, my MS was very highly aggressive with relapses pretty much monthly. It just wasn’t a consideration.
Lem for me was going to war and I wasn’t fighting fair I was fighting to get my life back again ❤️❤️

robaczek1
9 months ago

Thanks for replying to me 😊

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.