Last reply 3 days ago
Lemtrada or Ocrevus for older individual

Has anyone over 60 taken Lemtrada or Ocrevus? I am on Tecfidera which seems to be working, but am interested in a more aggressive treatment. The problem is that most clinical trials stop at age 55. My neurologist is uneasy about switching as there is no statistical evident showing the effect on older individuals. Anyone who has any experience or feedback would be appreciated.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
2 months ago

criswell
1 month ago

Thanks for the info stumbler and thanks for the advice you gave me on my post. It makes me very hesitant to start on Lemtrada at my age(65). I have had issues over the last couple of years where I have had a stomach flu(and I had my shot) or virus of some kind that lasted for months giving me IBS that lasted over a year. I’m had IBS in the past beginning around the same time as my first MS symptoms(at age 15) but was able to get over it for the decades till this “flu” set it off again. Really don’t want to start that again if I don’t have to.

mlgilber1
1 month ago

@criswell Hey! I just started ocrevus and love it except for preinfusion steroids which I think I’ll skip next time. I do talk to a few other older gentlemen on ocrevus and they love it and have been on it for a couple years with no problems and improvements. I do not know much about lemtrada, but I hear it’s good as well! Best of luck!!!

avengr13
3 days ago

I am 56 years old. I have had many of the DMTs and I have stabilized and had no more exacerbations. My MRIs have not changed either although overall I believe my ms has worsened and my next options are a healthy diet and excercise routine.

Last time I saw my neurologist she recommended Ocrevus, basically because she labels most ms patients RR. I feel that this is my last try with medicine. If the medical community finds a cure, great but I am done with dmd’s.

Anyone feel this way? I am not giving up, I am changing direction.

vixen
3 days ago

Love your attitude @avengr13! Not quite sure if that means you’re gonna try Ocrevus or not? Either ways, wishing you luck and health….

avengr13
3 days ago

@vixen I go for my 2nd infusion in December. I had my first 2 halves in June.
Thanks for the good wishes for

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.