mousy 24/05/17
Last reply 6 months ago
Lemtrada Facebook group new name.

It appears that the original Lemtrada Facebook support group has experienced some difficulties with a member of their admin team. Everyone has been blocked.

If you were a member of the group ask to join Lemtrada uk. Hopefully everyone will rejoin as it was a very friendly supportive group.

Please spread the word to any of your friends or other MS groups.

Cheers

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

tracyd
9 months ago

The new group is Lemtrada UK & Ireland

Problems doesn’t even describe half of what happened yesterday …..

Some new admins were promoted to help Sian administer the site and one of them was someone who had malicious intentions. This person added another Admin to the group – a dummy account of their own that they had created – they then used the dummy account to remove the privillages from all the other admins before deleting all of the content and posts, the files section, all of the members and ultimately the group itself.

We have added as many as we can manually from our friends lists into the new group but it’s going to take some time to get back to the place we were at before yesterdays events.

I really don’t understandwhat kind of serious mental health problem a person has to have in order to maliciously cause that much damage to an MS support group …… based upon what she has done I suspect MS is the least of the crazy bitches problems 🙁

gilbo
9 months ago

Wow can’t believe someone would deliberately delete a support group but people can be very twisted. I have requested to join new Lemtrada UK & Ireland group & sure many others are in process of doing likewise.

Couldn’t agree more with everything you said @tracyd so will leave it at that but thanks for updating about what was going on.

pv04
9 months ago

Thanks for updating. Some people are truly evil. In time the group will get back to being a fantastic forum for lemmies

tracyd
8 months ago

Meant to provide an update to the new group name and forgot (apologies I was on holiday in Portugal when it all kicked off)

The full name now is : Lemtrada (Alemtuzumab / Campath) UK & Ireland

The direct link to request access is : https://www.facebook.com/groups/1152516408227880/

kelly_rabe_mcdowell
6 months ago

Can I please join the group? I will be starting lemtrada next week and I need to know what to expect my email is [email protected]

tracyd
6 months ago

@kelly_rabe_mcdowell

You need to go to the following group on facebook and then hit the join button :

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1152516408227880/

They may get in touch with you on PM (so check your ‘other’ folder in your facebook messages too) asking why you are requesting access. If they’re like hte US group all facebook accounts less than a year old are rejected immediately so please use a genuine account to request the join

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.