Last reply 1 year ago
Lemtrada advice

Ok..I’m not very good at this type of thing and hope I’m doing it right 😂 I was diagnosed late last year with MS but 2 weeks ago they confirmed RRMS. I knew that if my consultant offered me Lemtrada I would accept. I’m due to start treatment on 19th June. I’ve always remained positive through this situation. I’m a strong willed and stubborn women, wife, mum of 2 Children aged 14 and 12. My right leg is mostly affected. My walk is wierd though getting better. Worse if I’m tired.
I’ve read lots of your posts on here before but was wondering how much Lemtrada has made you better and how long it took? I know it will be different for everyone.
Also for those of you that work, how much time did you take off or recommend to take off work?
And (because I haven’t had chance to ask nurse yet) but will I have to continue taking my pregablin and baclofen?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

sandwich
1 year ago

Join the UK Facebook Lemtrada page as you will find answers to your questions there. Everyone is different.

My personal experience is I was back at work within two weeks. I didn’t have any disability before although I have an EDS score of 1 due to a faulty reflex. This has not changed since finishing both courses of lemtrada. Since starting the drug I’ve not accrued any more lesions and have no evidence of disease activity. NEDA is what you want to be aiming for, any reversal in disability is a bonus.

bonang1975
1 year ago

I had my second dose of lemtrada last September I had about 4 weeks off my wi best of luck with everything fe has been reading up on lemtrada and says that some of the effects of lemtrada can’t be recognised until 5 years down the track but as you say everybody is different

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.