Last reply 2 weeks ago
lemtrada

i was diagosed in 2014 with rrms and was put on copaxone. since then, i’ve gotten married and have two kids 3, 1 years of age (3 yr old currently goes to preschool 3, 1/2 days a week). since then my mri’s have shown multiple new lesions, my ms has slipped to psms and i am in the process of scheduling lemtrada. i am a 32 year old female, 5’4” tall and weigh 110 lbs. i want to know how bad and for how long i should expect to be on my ass during and after the lemtrada iv treatment. my husband had been in between jobs and is currently in the hiring process of having to do quick safety courses before beginning the next week. he has a highly irritable personality and my ms is mainly cognitive impairment. my balance is shit but i’m able to get around freely. but my inability to retain information, my terrible memory, my irregular mood swings are driving my husband crazy. the stress of his new job happening at the same time as my treatment has placed a huge burden on him and he had become completely frustrated with me. my annoying continuous having to re-ask a question making him have to repeat himself, and my forgetfulness is driving a large wedge between our marriage. i feel that when i have to repeat myself out loud to him to help me keep on track of things (kids schedules, appointments, bill payments) is driving him insane. i do not feel supported and rather feel more of a burden because of the whole lemtrada treatment and having to have my mom and auntie live with us and take care of the kids and take me for my iv treatment. i’ve taken the role of leave my husband alone, he has enough stress of dealing with the new job and courses going on and to try to rant to my mom about my concerns with keeping on track with the kid’s schedule along with mine. i guess it all boils down to me being able to rant right now as well as wanting to know when to expect to be able to get back to “normal” after lemtrada without requiring assistance again.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
2 weeks ago

@kellydlugosz , I’m well aware of the pressures that MS brings to a relationship. But you seem to have a good understanding of the problem, which means you’re a good way towards finding the solution.

It’s also very therapeutic to document your problems, as you have done in this post.

As for Lemtrada and returning to “normal”, this is specific to each person. Some MSers are back to work in a week, whilst others are fatigued for weeks. Just follow the protocol, drink the water and avoid germs (bacterial hand gel is useful here!).

And, do check out other people’s experiences, by selecting the “Lemtrada” tag that has been added automatically at the foot of your post above.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.