Last reply 1 year ago
Lemtrada ???

Does anyone know if taking lemtrada earlier gives you a better chance of reversing some symptoms 😕

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

zenkai
1 year ago

I just finished my first round of lemtrada last week, all is going well so far

uma-catlady
1 year ago

they say that Lemtrada can reverse symptoms but not in me !!
I have a lot of new symptoms after i had my first dose

stumbler
1 year ago

@zenkai , it does depend on the progress that MS has made on our bodies.

We all start with a neuronal reserve, which allows us to recover, or have a remission. So, it all depends on the state of this reserve, whether you will be successful in reversing symptoms.

vasy
1 year ago

Common view is that less disease duration and disability you had prior to Lem, the better chances to regain some after

Are you currently taking a DMT? I think the key is early treatment with an effective drug is a good place to start and while likely improve any long term outcome. I also believe that dietary modification, exercise as possible and a reduced stress burden are all going to contribute to your chances of better recovery. Essentially the more you do to stop your body from taxing itself, the more resources are available for recovery.

Here is a fascinating video to me on how neruons can still be created in adults:

Its inline with a lot of principles of the lifestyle changes our family made (overcomingms.org) OMS and are hopefully that between Tecfidera and OMS we can delay the impact of MS.

matic91
1 year ago

After the first dosis of Lemtrada all my bad symptoms (walking problems, bladder problems, foggy vision) disappeared but as already mentioned life is hard so the stress pulled me down again but yeah it is a very effective medication you just have to have faith in it and after that as californiadreamin said regular exercise (not too much) and a calm lifestyle can also calm down the progression of MS.
Wish you all the luck in future. 🙂

zenkai
1 year ago

@uma-catlady I’m sorry to hear that lem didn’t work out the best for you, @californiadreamin I haven’t taken a dmt in 2 months (tysabri) I’m doing a walk every day that my legs arnt to wobbly just hoping for the best.

zenkai
1 year ago

@stumbler I was diagnosed last year but had symptoms for the last 4 yrs

stumbler
1 year ago

@zenkai , you have age on your side, so I would hope for a positive outcome for you. 😉

zenkai
1 year ago

Thankyou stumbler for the kind words ☺

lozwo
1 year ago

I am about to have my second dose of lem. I am not so hopeful it will reverse current symptoms (although that would be great!) but more hopeful it will halt progression..

nawal_ibrahim
1 year ago

I started Lemtrada 2 months and a half ago (6th March) I believe it is much better than the previous medication I’ve taken. These were Beta-interferon and Tysabri. No substantial changes so far but it has reduced my muscle spadms by so much as I haven’t had tremors or stuff since. I think taking it on earlier could give you more of a chance to cure from MS as there is that possibility with this drug but consulting with your doctor as well may be best. 🙂

My consultant recently recommended to me to take either Lemtrada or Tysabri with a preference to Lemtrada. I’m considering myself to possibly have it.

Mind if I piggy back this chat for advice as Well?

zenkai
1 year ago

@jessica_ashleigh_vine I previously had tysabri but my neuro took me off it cause my jcv level kept rising, I was advised to take lemtrada, feel welcome the advice is for everyone 😊

zenkai
1 year ago

nawal_ibrahim I wish my tremours could get better it would put the biggest smile on my face 😁

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.