Last reply 1 year ago
Lemtrada

Can anyone help or advise me as to what it’d like to be takin like let rads and is there side effects with this medication

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

Hi gareth05.

If you select the “Treatment” button at the top of the screen, then the “Lemtrada” button, you’ll find all the previous threads on the subject of Lemtrada.

If you still have specific questions after trawling your way through the previous threads, then post them on this thread. 😉

evie2017
1 year ago

Hi,
Am new to this site! Has anyone had any bad side effects from taking Lemtrada?

Thanks 😀

tracyd
1 year ago

@gareth05 and @evie2017

My story is a long and published one with Lemtrada, I have my month 11 post round 2 bloods tomorrow and am looking forwards to them.

The details for the blog and book are on my profile.

Peoples reaction to Lemtrada is a little like our MS symptoms, everyone is different. The sooner it’s used after diagnosis the simpler it seems to be, it’s goal is to halt progression of the disease and allow life to continue without relapses.

In relation to side effects – the majority experienced are more side effects of the cocktail of steroids, anti virals and anti histamine during and shortly after the treatment. I know a couple of people who have subsequently gone on to need a thyroxin a day to keep their thyroid at bay, I know another who has ITP again a pill a day (we’re growing communities of many thousands of Lemmies and mostly keep each other updated). I know a couple of people who despite Lemtrada have continued activity who have subsequently moved on to HSCT and are responding well to that.

The constant is that for each of us MS progression scared us more than what essentially were things that can be treated with standard prescription treatments which our MS could not.

You both have friend requests if you want someone to vent on, talk to or just have a good whinge about how crap MS is I’m happy to share ocntact details xx

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.