Last reply 6 months ago
Lemtrada 2nd treatment

Lemtrada 2nd round.

So just putting it out there also for, I guess, reassurance and suggestions.
I recently had my second round of lemtrada treatment a week ago, 26th/27th/28th March 2018 as an out patient. I have come to my parents in the West Midlands to recuperate.
Last night was troubled, generally have been sleeping well (with the help of some prescribed zopiclone) last night didn’t take it, took an antihistamine instead as I started to become really itchy. The itchiness continued all night all over my body including my scalp.
On the second day of 2nd infusion I developed an itchy rash which soon resolved.
Am also having some chills, and have stared to take regular paracetamol and antihistamine as of last night.
Anyone else experience?
I’ll keep my eye on it but I guess if gets worse then A&E.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

tracyd
6 months ago

@cee79
The itchies is pretty common – infusion rash, I found if I took an extra drowsy anti histamine about 40 minutes before bed it kept everything ticking over nicely – the itchies lasted between 2-3 weeks after both rounds 1 & 2

The chills could be steroid related, I found that it was like my whole body temperature was regulated by my feet – feet too warm I overheated like an old Ford – feet cold everything cold. might be worth a try to see if that helps with the chills xx

cee79
6 months ago

Thanks @tracyd I needed the reassurance x

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.