danrb80 11/04/15
Last reply 2 years ago
Legs – pain?

I have had since August 14, 12 separate periods of leg pain. My thighs were tense and sore making it hard to walk around. It was the same you would experience a day or two after exercise, but I hadn’t been doing any. Has anyone else had this?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

2 years ago

Hi dan I’m not diagnosed yet but I was about to write a post on this!
Is it like a burning feeling that makes it hard to walk after awhile? If it is I think I get the same

2 years ago

RRMS DX’d ’05. That is classic early MS! I could not have described it any better. I was an athlete, 2 time ntl champ US RB. It feels like the burn you get when you have exhausted your muscles. Depending on how aggressive your disease is,it will come and go and the frequency will increase. I have been fighting this beast for 10 years now and have done tecfidera, tysabri and gilenya. They all helped, but Tysabri was the most potent. Too many SEs for me (that’s unusual) If your goal is to stop injecting yourself then G is the best. If your goal is to really slow your MS down, then Ty is best. However, if you want to try the newest and only DMD to demonstrate that it halted the progression for at least 5 years, then Lem is the only choice. Very positive testimonials right here at this blog. Check into it. If you enjoy sports like I did, then get serious fast about getting a better DMD. Realize that Ty has been prescribed for 10 years now so it is not new and there are literally 100’s of cases of PML so at some point you have to give up Ty b/c your risks go up the longer you stay on it. and if you have been on other DMDs and u will be up to 3 by then. Pml is a rare brain infection that is fatal or very disabling in almost all cases. I would have loved to have the choices that are now available. I had to wait years and participate in a clinical trial to get what I had. Take a very agressive approach and learn everything you can about MS. Being well informed is super important. Best wishes!

2 years ago

I forgot to mention that you may notice that everyone is walking faster than you. It is weird, b/c it doesn’t feel like it. But if you ever walked with someone holding hands, you will notice that they are walking faster now! NOT! You are walking slower. I am not trying to scare you, but alert you. The younger DX’d have the first chance EVER to stop MS before you accumulate perm damage. Some of the trial patients reported recovering lost functions and the testimonials here report the same. There is a FB page with similar testimonials already. I have spoken to some myself. Several are medical professionals. How good of a testimonial is that? Look at @us-emma ‘s logs for good info. Good Luck!

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.