Last reply 2 months ago
Leg pain

Hey guys I am after a bit of advice the last couple of days I have had really bad leg pain if I put my heel on the ground the pain shoots right up my leg so doing a funny walk 😬 been really busy with work and I think I may have overdone things.

Made an excuse about pulling a muscle as everyone was asking what I had done 🙈
Limping is so hard to hide

Any ideas what this is ? Thinking of seeing dr on mon if still the same

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
2 months ago

@niteowl , it could be that your leg muscles are becoming stiff.

Stretching should be tried to see if this provides any relief.

Here’s an article here about these types of problems, with some links to stretching exercises :-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/spasticity-and-spasms

cameron
2 months ago

Sounds rather like the pain I had when my snapped Achilles tendon. If it’s this you’ll need physio attention – the sooner the better.

niteowl
2 months ago

Went to dr and she said my right leg is definitely weaker than my left, she has emailed my neuro as she did a couple of tests can anyone please advise why I can’t lift my right foot towards my body 😬 now have a strange pain in right arm shoulder too

nutshell88
2 months ago

Thats what im having right now in bed can hardly sleep
Its woth me since over 10 yrs
But this week a bit worse
Maybe thats my type of numbness with MS since I hardly ever feel any numbness

niteowl
2 months ago

At the moment my legs are burning it’s keeping me awake, am tired but my body is like no I will just torment you with this now instead 🙄 am exactly the same nutshell88 …..

stumbler
2 months ago

@niteowl , the problem with your right foot sounds very much like Foot Drop :-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/foot-drop

Call your MS nurse to discuss the burning and also to arrange a Neuro-physio assessment, to look at your foot and shoulder problems.

niteowl
2 months ago

Thanks stumbler I am on gabapentin 600 mg three times a day to help with the burning and nerve pain I was waiting for it to kick in.
Oh I have just looked at this link and yes I think it could be would explain the limp I have as feel my right foot is dragging and I keep tripping I put that down to my balance as it’s all over the place 😬 my toes have been numb for months among other things waiting to hear back from neuro for app for head mri, am still in limbo.
The fatigue is like quicksand it swallows me up mid afternoon and I have to sleep usually for 3 hours.
I have always been such an active person i am 38 this has been going on for so long and I am getting worse.
Thanks for the support not many people know what’s going on been putting my limp down to a pulled muscle when asked 😬 which happens a lot oh what have you done ? Am struggling with my work as tiredness just hits me.
Am so glad I found shift and can talk to people that understand

cameron
2 months ago

The shoulder could be a referred pain, caused by the strain you’re putting on the bad leg.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.