asha 12/07/18
Last reply 5 days ago
Leg Dragging – Stiffness

Hello All,

I am new to this group.. I was diagnosed with MS in the year 2005.
Now, I have serious leg dragging (Left Leg) issue. Is any one facing the same and found any solution for the same?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

mlgilber1
5 days ago

Hey! I actually was having the same issue recently with my left leg! It was extremely stiff and I could barely move it or lift it so my neuro told me to go to the hospital. Turned out I had a bunch of new lesions. They started steroid infusions which don’t really help me and actually make things worse so she ordered plasmapheresis treatments which started helping just after the first one. I can moved it again and am no longer dragging it. They also ordered me a walker to start using which I wasn’t thrilled about at the age of 33, but it has helped a lot to especially if my legs feel tight or heavy or if I just feel off balanced. I hope this helps a little and that you find a solution too! I know how hard it was for me and got to the point where I could barely walk and was holding on to the sides of the wall at all times while dragging my leg. Best wishes!

zarah
5 days ago

My right leg was the same in January went to hosp put on a steroid iv for three days n then got tests for ms was the start of my ms journey xxx

asha
5 days ago

Hi mlgilber1 and Zarah,

Your quick response is appreciated. Your messages are giving me hope.

is your leg back to normal now? Is the stiffness gone? Is plasmapheresis treatments a permanent treatment for this ailment?

zarah
5 days ago

After the 3 days I could move my leg better as before I couldn’t bend it but after the 3 days I could still get abit of stiffness now n then depends if I’ve been sitting for too long I suffer from drop foot at time to time n need a stick to help me move about (doesn’t look good on a 31 year old 😂) n wear a foot splint which helps which was linked to my leg stiffness. Xxx

nutshell88
5 days ago

I was daignosed same yearbas yosnd i have this stffness in the leg which sometime slows me down or make me walk funny a wee bit.
didnt look for solution ive had it since 2010

mlgilber1
5 days ago

@asha my leg pretty much feels normal again. I still get symptoms in both my legs on a daily basis, but not to the extreme and no more dragging it around. It’s a huge difference! They also gave me the steroid infusions, but steroids make things worse for me and I get bad side effects. Unfortunately just like steroids plasmapheresis is not permanent. I’m hoping it lasts for a long time though. I just got done with my 5 treatments last week. I would definitely ask your doctor about it though. No bad side effects except the I would get a little tired after. The treatment takes about an hour.

mlgilber1
5 days ago

@asha Also, it’s been about a week and I don’t really need the walker anymore! I didn’t even really need it just after the first treatment. I just use it if one of my legs is feeling a bit heavy or if I’m feeling super dizzy or off balance.

nutshell88
5 days ago

I’ve never used walker not even sure what they are
but when i got dizzeness in 2010 i used wheelchair inside energency room
and i had a walking stick in the uk altho ive never used it

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.