Last reply 2 months ago
Leg brace

Hi morning, at the moment I wear a leg brace or splint, the physio said I should try a thing that you put around your ankle I don’t know what it’s called which works for about ten mins then I’m tripping again , I said this to the physio but she just said did you fall over I said no , she just said carry on , I just feel it’s not safe, does anyone else wear one and does it work for them

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

watsoncraig
2 months ago

The thing round your ankle might be a “Foot-up”, yeah they are good and work as I wore one for about a year. Made by Ossur and their sizing is really small.

denisejulie
2 months ago

Yes I think it’s called a foot up , I’m really struggling with it , I’m much better with the brace, I can walk a few paces than I start dragging my left foot, the physio wants me to try it but I keep going back to the brace , how long did it take you to get use to it ,

watsoncraig
2 months ago

Got used to it very quickly as long as the part that goes into my shoe was far enough away from my ankle

highlander
2 months ago

@denisejulie
Sorry to butt in does this foot up thing work with the brace or a unit on its own?

denisejulie
2 months ago

On its own , but it’s working as far as if I’ve had it on for ten mins say my foot is catching again and if I turn I catch my foot, I don’t see how it’s going to work for me .

rogersouthall
2 months ago

Denisejulie, I have a right leg that is useless and foot drop also, I started with a brace of sorts and then was introduced to FES ( functional Electronic Stimulation ) the results are life changing, with this on I can walk, without I fall, visit my blog as it is photographed and a write up, I forget which moth but flick through.
If ever you need advice or help please call

http://www.wholesorts.com

cameron
2 months ago

Just to say that there are many different types of brace and it’s DEFINITELY not the case that one size fits all. Never mind what the physio says – if you’re falling and tripping, it’s not working. Happy to share my experience if you want to PM me.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.