Last reply 3 days ago
Late nights

I literally have no idea why I am staying up late these days, Amitriptyline does not seem to have the same effect on me anymore. If anything, it is now having the opposite effect, I find myself occupied on my phone or by watching a horror movie. I do regret it when the morning comes though, the weakness in my legs are a joke, I should really try to figure out more ways on how to get a better sleep.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the β€˜x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

grandma
2 weeks ago

Hi jay jay, I stay up late sometimes but I get up (or my body gets me up for a wee!) early every morning. Must admit haven’t minded for the last month or so because I’m up with the dogs (2 Airedales) and have been watering at 6 o’clock in the morning and seen loads of wildlife that I would have missed otherwise, foxes, field mice,, hedgehogs (on their way home to sleep for the day) but don’t worry about it, try watching your late night films lozaking in bed, and if you’re like me, I’m still up in the morning but have a much longer sleep in the afternoon which this last couple of months has been no bad thing in the heat!😍

vixen
2 weeks ago

Hello @jayjay10. Good grief, I’ve just read your bio – wow, you really have been through it. I am full of admiration for you, you clearly have a big heart and lots of strength. At least when you are up late you are occupying yourself; not being able to sleep and staring at the walls in misery is horrible. I look through the TV guide and stockpile a load of recorded interesting programmes to watch. Have you tried writing? I think you have so much to say that others could benefit from. What do you do in the daytime, do you work? It’s nice to meet you, I hope you get it sorted soon πŸ™‚

stumbler
2 weeks ago

@jayjay10 , quality sleep is so important. There’s some details about sleep here, which might provide some hints and tips for you :-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/life-ms/wellbeing/sleep

jayjay10
4 days ago

Hey guys,

thank you for all the responses you gave, it is very much appreciated…… @vixen. I found your words a true delight to read as it really spoke to me from what you had to say. I am a true lover of poetry as I have a catalogue of poems and words of inspiration I would like to share to those that would welcome my vision. I do not have a job as I live in constant pain and troublesome symptoms of which are stressful and brings self isolation. It is very nice to meet you too. I wish all the very best going forward.

lightning87
4 days ago

I have the issue of my body being tired but my mind not being?? I end up lying awake for ages after I’ve gone to bed, I then have to force myself to sleep. I wish my eyes would just close when my head hits the pillow.
How about listening to meditation apps?

jayjay10
4 days ago

I know exactly how you feel, lightening87…Sleep is practically a tough battle for my eyes, my eyes close but doesn’t trigger my mind to sleep. I feel like I have to sometimes be over exhausted to finally get the sleep I need. I myself have never attempted the meditation technique, it is good for relaxing the mind so I think I should take your advice and give it a go.

lightning87
3 days ago

I am the exact same, it’s like my mind just isn’t ready to rest. Our brains have a lot to answer for πŸ˜‚ I have used like a sleep app type thing that sends me off to sleep if you don’t mind listening to rain, forrest and whales singing πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ good luck x

jayjay10
3 days ago

The Chinese are great at mind control, maybe some Bruce Lee videos and interviews could help. πŸ˜‚ I love listening to thunder and lightning at night, there is something relaxing about it but I just don’t know what it is. 🀣 Xx

fingersandtoes
3 days ago

Google “sleep hygiene”. Do as much exercise as you can, that definitely helps (though do that much earlier in the day) .

No phone in the bedroom! That’s the first way my sleep hygiene slips. Or maybe I keep my phone in the kitchen, and when I get up to use the loo I check it and end up taking it back to the bedroom.

Try to wind down at least an hour before you go to bed. Have a set routine. Don’t watch TV.
And when you are lying awake in bed just breathe deep and don’t worry about not sleeping. Focus on your sleep and know you will drift off sooner or later if you don’t introduce any distractions.

jayjay10
3 days ago

Hey FST, I just thought I would use that as name for you 😊.

I attempt as much exercise as possible throughout the days. I am limited to most but I put extra effort in the ones I can do.

It would be hard not having my phone in the bedroom, I can’t remember the last time I slept without my phone. I normally wake up through the night to also use the loo, then return checking my phone for about 30mins or more. πŸ˜‚

I don’t often watch TV in bed, I can only sleep in pitch black. If I am having great difficulties sleeping then I will put a good Horror movie on and relax being absorbed in the film. X

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.