tantar 28/02/17
Last reply 1 year ago
Just one of those days 🙁

Hi

I’ve had one of those days ☚ī¸ Saw a consultant ophthalmologist yesterday for my check up following my annual field of vision test. There was some confusion as to why I was seeing her not my normal consultant and I’m not entirely sure what was achieved!!!
After believing I had Nystagmus in one eye apparently it’s in both although more active in left eye.
I am now worrying about right eye worsening and me being no use if my vision is impaired. I haven’t been offered treatment as apparently meds have side affects and things would need to get worse before we try and they might not help,
Part of me thinks I should take some comfort from not being offered any yet this the other part of me is really scared.

I’m so used to working full time and driving I don’t know I would cope with this being taken away from me.

Scared and feeling useless.
Tracey

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

lucyh
1 year ago

Hi Tracey, just a quick email to say I’m sorry you’re feeling so bad. While I don’t have the same eye condition, I do have another one, oscilopsia. It was just appalling at one stage years ago and I’m glad I didn’t have a car at that point.

It got better…no, it’s not perfect, but much better than it was. I’m telling you this to try to give you a bit of hope that it can get better. I drive now and the DVLA and my GP etc., know that.

In terms of the drugs/no drugs, I struggle with that too. We are expected to trust, and yet we witness so many mistakes. Can you take someone with you to your next eye appt. so you have someone fighting your corner? Take care, XXX

wnyeratheart
1 year ago

@tantar – I’m sorry you are going through this dilemma with your eye condition.

All I can say is keep getting them checked and try not to worry so much about the unknown.

That’s all of our biggest fears, and we spend so much time worry about what can happen rather than being in the moment and appreciating where we’re at today.

I struggle with the same fears you are having. I actually witnessed my mother, who also has MS, lose her vision in 1991. It happened in a car ride in which she was luckily the passenger riding shotgun. And to this day, my biggest fear is a sudden loss of vision. When I got diagnosed, one of the first things I did was run and go get a thorough eye examination. It was found that I had astigmatism in one eye, for which I ended up getting corrective lenses.

We all say we couldn’t cope with this or that, but if it happens, we will find a way.

You also have great support here and hopefully from family and/or friends too.

Keep positive and stay strong XOXO

~Mike

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.