arthurpint 25/02/17
Last reply 1 year ago
Just been told looks likely I have MS

Just been told looks likely I have MS today…still need more tests but the signs on the MRI confirm its more than likely…. my heads spinning but I want to know what to expect!! looking for advice if anyone can help?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

californiadreamin
1 year ago

Its a lot to take in but there is a lot of hope these days. Lots of information available online thats definetly worth looking at. Until you have more details, consider some lifestyle modifications like better diet and exercise. These will surely help if you have MS and will help in most other situations as well.

spunky
1 year ago

Hi @arthurpint
I am sorry to hear about your news. Everyone has a different experience so you just don’t know what to expect. You could be absolutely fine for years or you could experience symptoms right away and ongoing. Please try and find yourself an MS Neurologist as they truly know MS. I live in a big city and that was the first thing my Neuro did was refer me to an MS Clinic so I could get the best care possible.

You also could start researching DMTs(disease modifying treatments) which potentially slow the progression of MS to see if you are interested in taking one of them.

I had one attack over a year and a half ago and have not had any symptoms since. We are all different and all have a different journey.

I found this site very helpful and I hope you do to!

stumbler
1 year ago

Hi @arthurpint and welcome.

Take your time and let this diagnosis sink in. There’s no hurry. Just use the time to learn a bit about this condition. The “Newly Diagnosed” here is a good place to start, https://support.mstrust.org.uk/shop .

MS is not the life-shattering condition it once was, so keep things in perspective as you find your feet.

arthurpint
1 year ago

thank you to everyone that answered!! it’s nice to have information from those that have it! This has really hit me for six I’ll admit!!!! (suffered a few seizures so hence the MRI) thought it was everything else apart from this!!! I think I’ve had every emotion possible today but I’m quite logical and want to the know the ins and out….but there ain’t any….everyone’s different….so I’ll start my journey…. but wont let it define the rest of my life!!!!

stumbler
1 year ago

This may be the start of your own personal journey, but you don’t need to travel alone. We can accompany you and advise on some of the options you may face. 😉

arthurpint
1 year ago

thank you stumbler….I will welcome the advice!!!

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.