Last reply 1 week ago
Just been diagnosed with ms

I have just been diagnosed with ms about 2 months ago i feel so low about it i constantly feel dizzy and nausious i dont know what to do! Not on any meds yet waiting for another MRI then we will see from there..

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

mlgilber1
2 weeks ago

I also get nauseous so my nurse prescribed zofran for it and I know motion sickness medication can help with vertigo and dizziness. They sell some brands over the counter. Hope you feel better soon!

stumbler
2 weeks ago

@chanelle_1 , it can take a good few months to ride out the emotional rollercoaster that starts with your diagnosis.

You need time to yourself, to just exist whilst you process the information. There is life after a diagnosis of MS and you will come to see this, but in your own time.

So, be patient with yourself, even pamper yourself. Chocolate and/or wine work well. 😉

melmel1
2 weeks ago

@chanelle_1 hey hun I’m going through the same thing dizziness for months ,I was diagnosed in octber but having a second MRI other tests ect, the ms nurse prescribed me Serc to help with the dizziness , I’ve learnt to try and stay calm and not to push myself hard anymore gt more sleep and not have negative people in my life, keep strong xx

vixen
2 weeks ago

Hello @chanelle_1, you’re probably not going to get much of a bigger shock in life as you’ve recently had, so be extra kind to yourself! It’s really hard, but for now, just take one day at a time. You can’t afford to worry about tomorrow. Set yourself small daily targets, nothing too grand or ambitious. Accept any help or support you can whilst things are still being sorted out. Hopefully, things will settle down soon. It does take a while to process a diagnosis like this, and some people find that counselling might help. I know the usual advice is boring, but drinking lots, eating well and trying to avoid stress, or at least unnecessary stress are very wise words! There is lots of support on here for you x

grandma
2 weeks ago

Hi @chanelle_1 you’ve had a big shock even if you were sort of expecting it. I’m one of the old codgers, had the beast for 27 years, bought up my family did everything you would want to do and even in the bad old days when there wasn’t any choice of DMT’s so I don’t feel bad saying that if there is a good time (and there isn’t) to be dxd you’ve hit the sweet spot, now is a good time, there is now a choice of DMT’s, ms is no longer the life sentence it used to be, there are lots of things to consider, but do not rush, you have still got an MRI to go, the neuros want as much info as possible before they decide what to do next. You are reeling, wait until you’re back level, keep a diary if any symptoms, new or old, you will not remember when you’re sat in the neuros/ms nurses office. We’re always here for a moan, a rant, a celebration, whatever floats your boat, and remember, with ms there is no such thing as a silly question.🥊😜👂

rmdaniels
1 week ago

Hi @chanelle_1,
This diagnosis is overwhelming isn’t it? I was recently diagnosed too & still struggling. The worst parts for me are not knowing what to expect & feeling all messed up but still looking my usual “normal”. I’ve fallen twice, tripping on stairs. I feel like I MUST hold on tight & go SLOW with stairs. It takes quite an emotional toll on a gal. What kind of support folks do u have in your life? This site has been a godsend for me!

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.