Last reply 3 weeks ago
Job advice

I was let go at my job for accidentally damaging something. During this time I had been sick and dealing with a family death. My MS symptoms where going crazy” fatigue, cognitive issues, loss of time, depression and anxiety.” They pinned me in a room, took my badge and threw me out like a criminal. I have worked for this company for 10 years and called in maybe 3 times due to illness. Anyone else ever experience this? I feel like they where waiting for something so they could get rid of me?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 weeks ago

@microman , if they were aware of your MS, then you may well have a prima facie case of unfair dismissal.

You might want to have a word with these guys :-

https://dls.org.uk/

microman
3 weeks ago

Used an attorney. He said it would be hard to prove discrimination. My state is an at will employment

stumbler
3 weeks ago

@microman , I’m not up on US law (or any law as I’m not legal) but an “at-will” employment can be terminated

“for any reason (that is, without having to establish “just cause” for termination), and without warning, as long as the reason is not illegal (e.g. firing because of the employee’s race or religion)”

I’m sure the term “disability” could be used in place of “race or religion”…………

microman
3 weeks ago

I just wanted my name cleared and they argued about even doing that

mamawals
3 weeks ago

Can your attorney negotiate a settlement where you agree to forego any claims in exchange for changing it to a resignation? Discuss the chances of getting unemployment insurance with your attorney.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.