Last reply 1 year ago
JC positive to negative

Hello! I have been on Tysabri since 2013 and I have always been JC+ but my most recent blood work has shown that I’m now JC-… I have never heard of this happening before. Is this a thing? I don’t understand!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

spunky
1 year ago

Hi
Personally I would get the test done again.

stumbler
1 year ago

@kirstyscotland8 , I agree with @spunky , get the test repeated. Mistakes do happen………

matic91
1 year ago

you are JC positive and yet on tysabri? i was prohibited to be put on tysabri because i am positive, they told me that i would die 🙁 i dont understand that

stumbler
1 year ago

@matic91 , it’s all to do with the actual level of JCV antibodies in your blood. The higher the level, the greater risk.

merfield
1 year ago

Sorry but I’m ignorant about JCV antibodies. Can someone explain? Is this a test we should have? I’m PP, so maybe it doesn’t apply.

stumbler
1 year ago

merfield
1 year ago

Thanks @ stumbler. Sounds unpleasant. Like old age, MS doesn’t come alone.

leigh
1 year ago

Hi Kirsty
(1) Yes the JC positive can change to negative, this is normal especially if the count was low to begin with. (2) It is probably unusual that the count changed to negative while on Tysabri
(3) If you have been on Tysabri a while, while JC+ (yes I am also on Tysbari with a JC+ reading) it suggests that your JC count may have been very low to start with.
Your Neuro knows best speak to them

dani-2
1 year ago

I was JC+ and still do the Tysabri treatment… and I didn’t had any issues… And on consecutive testing the JC was still positive…

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.