Last reply 1 month ago
Jack my car in

I think it’s time to sell mi car. It’s just sat looking at me everyday. I get everything ordered in. From prescriptions, food shop, clothes and eBay/Amazon stuff. Only time id use it is when Dentist is due n vets in December for my cats annual injection. My mate will tek me. It’ll save paying car insurance n other car things. Hmmmmm oh well

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

nutshell88
1 month ago

Hehe I had a period of time like that when I was in uk
I used to order from sainburies and tesco too

rotherhamdave
1 month ago

Sainsbury’s u mean lol

I’m asda price

vivien
1 month ago

@rotherhamdave sorry to hear you’re giving up your car 🚙.

I suppose it feels better to be the one to make the decision, instead of having it forced on you by DVLA!

Chin up!

Do they have the dial-a-journey service in your area? We have it in most of Scotland and all you need to do is register for it, then you can book journeys for appointments etc at around the same rate as standard bus fare for your trip and they’re fully equipped to cope with people with mobility issues, wheelchairs etc and the drivers are mostly volunteers.

My nana was wheelchair bound in her latter years and she used it to come out to mum’s for Christmas day and we all went with her for day trips for her birthday etc and just paid the extra, that way we were together and had sing alongs on the bus 🚍!

Very fond memories!

Sending hugs 🤗 at your brave decision!

rotherhamdave
1 month ago

The wheels on the bus 🎤 🎶 lol

I think there’s summat like that but day trips don’t bother me. When I was a pub landlord I dint get out much anyway.so I’m use to it. Sad I know. But the car is my decision. So we’ll see

highlander
1 month ago

@rotherhamdave
Bit of a bummer!
I know how you feel.
I now hang out with the mobility scooter bad boys the MS massive, we are all very polite and courteous to our younger peers!
We cause so much good feeling we scare people.
But we don’t care cos we’re proper and polite.
If they don’t like us they can run away or just walk!
Keep smiling.

guinness
1 month ago

@rotherhamdave I passed test on my 17th birthday drove every day till I was 51, then ill health set in,had to surrender license, sold car now rely on wife, Hopefully getting measured up shortly for a Chair with wheels Now that’s got be something to look forward to- I hope

highlander
1 month ago

@guinness @rotherhamdave
Start up a chapter of the MS massive !
I’m not sure we could ever meet up not enough charging points.

nutshell88
1 month ago

i’ve always found difficulties to spell it lol
Asda was far from me.

markstuart
1 month ago

Hi. you are not alone. I miss driving,

Regards,
Mark.

guinness
1 month ago

@highlander so no doubt a very proud Clansman,me a very staunch Fenian and rotherhamdave no doubt a proud Miller,there’s got to be a book in there somewhere!!!

rotherhamdave
1 month ago

Proud to be a miller clap ur hands 👏🏻. Losing car won’t really bother me. Nothing to travel for.
But al keep an eye out for mobility alloys haha

guinness
1 month ago

@rotherhamdave iv’e ordered 2 Guinness large Bottle Caps one for each wheel, so if you see me in town come and say hello

rotherhamdave
1 month ago

@guinness lol. I will ✌🏻

grandma
1 month ago

I’ve lost my car as you know (only temporarily I hope) and this year I have been forced to find alternative transport. I’ve used trains for the first time in 40 years and have been very impressed. When I’ve known in advance when I’m going I’ve booked on-line and found very good deals. I arrange help both on outgoing, on arrival and the same for the return. The service is free and I have found all the staff very friendly and welcoming. Nothing has been too much trouble. I certainly haven’t felt like a second class citizen which happens in shops etc., so I have been to all the places I wanted to, have even suggested to a couple of other mser’s on this site who don’t live too far away that we meet for coffee/ hello/natter at a train station central to all of us✌🏼

guinness
1 month ago

@grandma I would love to do what you do only thing is I would forget where I was going and could end up anywhere if I went on my own, Stroke and MS do not go together x

vixen
1 month ago

@rotheramdave, you’re making the best decision for all the right reasons, which puts you in control. Nice one. I love that nothing dents your sense of humour. Or dents your northernism. Big up the Rotherham massive! X

grandma
1 month ago

@guinness I’m only in Stoke, will come on train to c u, that way you won’t forget where you’re going, nowhere, as long as you’ve got a kettle we can put on and a way to get the mobility scooter in your abode Ill be there with bells on😍

guinness
1 month ago

@ my mother lived very near Trentham Gardens before her passing god rest her soul I loved the drive down to see her through Bakewell,Buxton over the moors the through Leek x

rotherhamdave
1 month ago

Thanks @vixon. I’ve always had a sense of humour. That’s just me wi mates n strangers when In pub. Like to have the odd silly chuckle. But I can be serious when I need to tho but doesn’t suit me lol
Big up rovrum 🔴⚪️ N to all msers

guinness
1 month ago

@rotherhamdave what was name of pub you ran

rotherhamdave
1 month ago

The trades.

It was a working mans club n then changed to a pub

guinness
1 month ago

Know it well do you manage to get down for any of the Bands on a sat night

rotherhamdave
1 month ago

I started glass collecting at 18 (2000). 3 months later I was put to work on bar. 2005 I became the bar steward and then became landlord in 2013. But the business ended in 2015.
It was a long 15 year journey

rotherhamdave
1 month ago

Been out in car today n I struggled wi acceleration n brake pedals. My leg feels like lead. Better safe than sorry n say goodbye

stumbler
1 month ago

@rotherhamdave , hand controls may be an option, to keep your independence……

rotherhamdave
1 month ago

Fingers are crap for feeling. Bloody pins n needles sensation

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.