Last reply 1 week ago
It's ms awareness week!!

I think it is overseas anyway, it’s all over my Instagram, I’ve been away and went to the canery islands still managed to catch a cold but my chronic pain was reduced, as I wasn’t working,school runs chores cooking. Basically been a headless chicken. Was nice to relax as much as you can with 2 children!!

Hope your all smiling at one point today and happy ms week!!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

grandma
1 week ago

@supermum1983 glad you had a good hol, jealous cos bad weather has just kicked in, but it is still only March! I will try and celebrate ms week at the Physiotherapists on Friday. Had to go to have my first microwave on a verucca yesterday, (NHS doesn’t deal with them at all any more, even if you have ms, so have had to pay to hope I can walk a bit this summer ) going to be poorer cos I’ve had to pay £300, and live on benefits so have had to borrow it, bit cross really, but hey I’m still here, still fighting, long may it continue.😜🥊

supermum1983
1 week ago

@grandma not been away since 2011 so long over due, sorry to here that have you tried getting an grant from ms society? I think they just need a letter from a doctor or ms nurse I’m thinking of applying for one, the mattress aboard was very hard but I felt better sleeping on it but now all my aches and pains have crept back.

grandma
1 week ago

@ supermum1983 have just had a hospital bed delivered by the NHS via my ms nurse, as I have no choke reaction have to sleep ‘propped’ up a bit and spent 18 months using pieces if wood and V pillows, so bed is great. If you need anything, try your ms nurse. My ms nurse, gp, mp, local ms society, no-one could or would help, so I’ve ended up paying, life is too short to wait any longer after limping for 6 months due to verucca, its bad enough not being able to walk very much due to the ms! Let’s face it we’re 2nd class citizens anyway so you may as well accept it and get on with life😜🥊

stumbler
1 week ago

@supermum1983 , I hope you enjoyed a well-deserved holiday.

supermum1983
1 week ago

@stumbler it was so good to get away and relax.just what I needed hate been cold lol

supermum1983
1 week ago

@grandma my MS is lovely glad she helped with the bed I defo need a new one 😊 yeah I just take each day as it comes now

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.