katfight 29/10/14
Last reply 3 years ago
Is this the start of a relapse?

Ok guys here goes.. last night at 12:30 am my room started spinning everything moving in circles. I went t bed and woke up for work today, it’s happened about 15 times since and i feel sick for a couple mins and it passes again.

5 months ago I quit my old job and got a new one, yesterday and today I cried over this job as the bosses are a nightmare and have made me feel like shit.. plus I’ve worked there for 4 months and only been paid 500 quid and yet they still treat me bad.. is it the stress causing this new symptom or is it in fact a relapse, please help?? What do I do.. thanks

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

mrvelocity
3 years ago

It sounds like your stressed and it is effecting your symptoms in a negative light. I would remind your employer that they have to comply with the Disability Discrimination Act and they can’t treat you different because of your MS.

katfight
3 years ago

@mrvelocity I think your right, honestly going through this again with an employer isn’t worth thinking about as I have just been through it all with my last employer and i haven’t got the strength to do it all again! Think I’ll try reduce the stress by staying away for a while and see how I go. Thanks

stumbler
3 years ago

@katfight , it may be worthwhile popping to see your GP to rule out non-MS causes for this vertigo problem.

But, otherwise, see it as a message from your body that it’s not happy with an aspect of your life, e.g. the present stress.

Just remember that an employer will survive without you, but you need your health to survive. 😉

katfight
3 years ago

@stumbler yes I think I should do that.. i kinda know what my doc will say tho already lol.. have some pills see a counsellor, contact ur nurse because we don’t know, have a sick note.. that’s how my doc has pretty much worked this last year lol. Nurse doesn’t work weds so I’ll just wait till tomorrow. I so thought life was getting better!

stumbler
3 years ago

@katfight , just politely explain to the GP that you feel it is MS-related, but you’d like to eliminate other causes…….

And, that you’re already in contact with your MS Support team and awaiting a call back. 😉

cameron
3 years ago

Don’t know if this will help, but the same happened to me. It started with occasional ‘spinning’ when I woke up, then it passed. Then in a Pilates class I got it really badly – spinning plus nausea. I assumed it was the MS but looked it up on the internet. The commonest cause is positional vertigo, i.e. something about the way you are sitting, standing or moving is causing the crystals in the inner ear to become unbalanced – bit like seasickness. There are meds for it and you can also get the crystals rebalanced through physio, apparently. When it happened, I was due to see the neuro and asked him. He said it was nothing to do with MS, just inner ear disturbance and that it was extremely common. I’ve been able to avoid it in Pilates by not turning my head so far round when lying on the floor and stretching arms round in an arc. I’m pretty sure that in my sleep I must have been doing something similar, although obviously I couldn’t pin it down exactly. In your case, could it be because work is horrible that you’re tossing and turning more than usual at night? xxx

katfight
3 years ago

@cameron it could possibly be that.. i know it started the night before last and i was sat in bed thinking I really don’t want to go back to work and that’s when it happened. Last night I woke up a few times in the night which I haven’t done for some time now.. i do sleep awkwardly and i always wake up lying on my back head diagonally squashed towards the wall hanging of the corner of a pillow. It cud be a bit of everything, im putting it down to stress tho now.. so a couple of days away from work and I will see if there’s an improvement.

As for pilates sounds like exercise isn’t always helpful lol.. so I definitely will avoid that one 😀

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.