Last reply 6 years ago
Is this symptom MS or not?

The past week or so both my legs and lower have been aching it cleared up on Thursday then today it has come back worse i can hardly walk and needed my stick. I get confused cos i dont want to blame it on MS but i have not been this sore without having been to the gym or some heavy workout the previous day.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

ophelia
6 years ago

I’m not sure if it’s MS rearing it’s head or not. But I have experienced this myself, waking up feeling like I’ve done a full body workout the day before. Hope you feel better soon Dan.x

chueykooh
6 years ago

I get that also from time to time, but like you Dan I try not to blame mine on MS either. Blaming everything on MS is something my doctors used to do to me a lot. Now on the rare occasion I go to the doctor, I go to a doc that doesn’t know my medical history so they’ll actually do some tests and check everything out rather than just blaming my MS without ever really checking.

rochelle28
6 years ago

Dan,
I also get that when I over exert myself…. And like chueykooh said everyone wants to blame the MS. XXX

Anonymous
6 years ago

I actually get this a lot. I tend to describe is as either waking up after someone has hardcore beaten me with a stick…or as if I had worked every muscle in my body to fail then passed out.
I end up being very very sore the entire day. I’ve actually started to wonder if its either bad muscle spasms or seizures or something in my sleep. I get it often and its usually bad. Very strange.

Hope you feel better and figure out whats going on.

danrb80
6 years ago

Thanks guys i woke up this morning and guess what? Oh yes ive bben to the bed gym again wowzers it hurts hahaha oh well off to work i go

pottypete
6 years ago

I’m sure I mentioned this in another thread, but get your vitamin D levels checked, as having low D can bring on majorly painful problems. Evidently a lot of people with MS have this problem, as a fellow sufferer informed me. I could hardly walk in the mornings with so much pain in my legs and feet. It has improved with a high dose D treatment(long term).

highheeledfagin
6 years ago

I tend to get the post-gym like pain and numb legs if I’ve had a bit of a busy day or had a day when I felt particularly fatigued so everything was just a bit more difficult. It’s difficult to know if you are experiencing the same thing, and one of the problems with MS is not knowing whether every new thing that happens to you is a symptom or just unrelated. I think you’d know if it were a specific injury so, if it is becoming a problem, try spreading your activities over a longer period of time so you don’t have many really busy days and then empty days. Keeping a middling balance can really help, though it can be annoying if you just want to get a bunch of things done in one go.

danrb80
6 years ago

@pottypete my vitamin D levels dhould be ok as my neurologist advised me to take vitamin D3 5000IUs once a day which I have been doing so for the past month, but I will bare that in mind thanks 🙂

rosieella
6 years ago

Hi all. I’ve been really struggling with this recently. I described the pain as a ‘heavy workout’ to people but that doesn’t quite get across the actual feeling. I pretty much always have pain my legs which i just put up with but the last week and a half have been unbearable. I put it down to booze as I went on a little mission at the end of my degree a couple of weeks ago and my son was on holiday. I was so concerned though that I rang ms nurse today. She said it was unlikely to be booze and probably a pseudo relapse (???). I asked her about vitamin d and pain as I have read a lot about the connection. Seems people on this thread see some connection?? Last time I was tested it showed a deficiency but was offered no advice as to what to do with this info! Is this something that could help my pain? I mentioned to the nurse about a vit d 6 monthly injection but she had not heard of it, did I imagine this??!! Sorry for the long message, I’m a bit confused! I’m hearing different things and I guess people who are in similar situations are reliable sources of info! Not really sure what I’m asking here….!!!

rosieella
6 years ago

The point I forgot to make was that my ms nurse didn’t think there is a connection with pain and vit d….

danrb80
6 years ago

I dont think for my own body they are linked as i am on D3 tablets and this pain has started a few werks to a month after my vitamin D levels have risen i hope it stops soon. My GP has prescribe antitrydine? Which is used as an anti depressent but also works for neurological pain im on my second day and loads less painful and having the best sleep as they are sedative too 🙂

pottypete
6 years ago

Here are some of the problems brought about by a vit D deficiency.

Symptoms in adults

General vague aches and pains are the common symptoms.
In more severe deficiency, there may be more severe pain and also weakness. This may lead to difficulty standing up or climbing stairs, or can lead to the person walking with a waddling pattern. This is known as osteomalacia. (See separate leaflet called ‘Osteomalacia’ for more information.)
Bone pains may develop and are typically felt in the ribs, hips, pelvis, thighs and feet.

This matter was raised by a friend of mine (a fellow sufferer), he’d been made aware of this at an MS research information shindig in London. He knew of my mounting pain problems and informed me about it. I did the usual thing and ignored his advice.
That was stupid on my part. Problems got much worse. It was only seeing a new doctor when I moved that he picked up on it straight away. I now get high dose treatment, and things have definitely improved painwise. I do know now, that it’ll be a long path back.
Problems had been exascerbated for me, because I had become allergic to most painkillers. This left me in agony. Getting out opf bed in the morning was a time of immense pain, making my walking worse still.
My friend did have a na na nanana moment at me, haha. Well, I deserved it.

cameron
6 years ago

I read about vitamin D deficiency and was worried because I know I don’t get enough sunlight. Going out in the sun is not as pleasant as it used to be. Went to the GP who was a bit surprised, but agreed to my having a blood test. She phoned me at home last week – levels are well done, bordering on serious. Now on a 2-month dose and have to be re-tested after that. Point is: you can’t guess the dose you need. It’s not like taking a vitamin C tablet. GPs can prescribe mega doses. Info on it is good on CCSVI sites – ‘ll find the link and post it here.

jill51
6 years ago

hi l wake up every morning with both my legs aching and at lease 3 time in the night it feels like an elephant been sat on them. it take my a good hour to get out of bed in the morning painful

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.