5 years ago
Is this ALL a relapse?!

Hey lovely ppl of shift.need your experiences once again! I recently wrote of numb legs (which are still there) but have also experienced numbness/droopiness on half my lip..is it normal for a relapse to affect different parts of the body at the same time? Cos this is reeeeal uncomfortable!! 🙁 x

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

Could be, or you may be lucky enough to be getting a two for one. I don’t think the nerves on your face and legs are in the same part of the brainstem, but then I’ve never studied neurology, so I’m going to go for a definite possibility. I guess the sensation part of the brain could be experiencing issues, but I really am just guessing, sorry.

Hi
My first major relapse was pins and needles/numbness sensation in right hand which (as I hadn’t been diagnosed at that time)crept up over a 3 month period so that I was completely numb by the upper arm down, then at that 3 month period I woke up with optic neuritis in my left eye. That was when I was diagnosed and given IV steroids 2 weeks later which then started to alleviate symptoms – hope that helps!

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.