smile247 15/04/12
Last reply 6 years ago
Is this ALL a relapse?!

Hey lovely ppl of shift.need your experiences once again! I recently wrote of numb legs (which are still there) but have also experienced numbness/droopiness on half my lip..is it normal for a relapse to affect different parts of the body at the same time? Cos this is reeeeal uncomfortable!! 🙁 x

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

Gav
6 years ago

Could be, or you may be lucky enough to be getting a two for one. I don’t think the nerves on your face and legs are in the same part of the brainstem, but then I’ve never studied neurology, so I’m going to go for a definite possibility. I guess the sensation part of the brain could be experiencing issues, but I really am just guessing, sorry.

Becks
6 years ago

Hi
My first major relapse was pins and needles/numbness sensation in right hand which (as I hadn’t been diagnosed at that time)crept up over a 3 month period so that I was completely numb by the upper arm down, then at that 3 month period I woke up with optic neuritis in my left eye. That was when I was diagnosed and given IV steroids 2 weeks later which then started to alleviate symptoms – hope that helps!

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.