niccis 11/12/17
Last reply 7 months ago
Is this a relapse?

Morning all. So, I’ve been unusually exhausted, irritable, constipated (too much information?!) for a couple of weeks now. My memory has been rubbish, I’m having to write reminders on my hands for jobs at work and ask colleagues to text or email me to remind me what’s going on. I couldn’t decide if it was a relapse or not but yesterday morning I got a new symptom- vertigo. I woke up in the early hours to go to the loo and had to cling to the walls to get to the toilet. All day yesterday it carried on, on and off. If I’m sitting still I’m ok. If I move my head suddenly or stand up I feel like I’m on a roller coaster. In bed last night and this morning the room was spinning round my head. I’ve never had anything like it before- is this a relapse, do you think? I’ve phoned the MS nurse service but the voicemail says it might take 48 hours for a call back…

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
7 months ago

@niccis , vertigo can have other, non-MS causes, so it’s worthwhile checking in with your GP to eliminate other causes, e.g. ear infection, Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV), etc.

niccis
7 months ago

Off to the GP this afternoon 😊

niccis
7 months ago

@stumbler GP says viral labyrinthitis. A week off work and some vertigo tablets prescribed!

stumbler
7 months ago

@niccis , are you happy with that diagnosis and the treatment offered?

I’m always dubious about “viral” issues. They don’t seem to have any real cause, don’t seem to show up in tests and can’t normally be treated. I’m just a big sceptic!

But, any infection like this will cause your immune system to activate and “annoy” your MS symptoms.

niccis
7 months ago

Happy to accept it and try the meds he’s prescribed – sure he knows better than I do! I’ll go again next week if it’s no better.

stumbler
7 months ago

Well, I’ll wish you better, @niccis . 😉

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.