Last reply 1 year ago
Is this a flare up?

Could it be that after 17 years relapse free, this sudden feeling of lightheadedness could be MS? It’s all day every day and is worse when I’m completely fatigued. But really feels like I never wake up. All that helps is to lay down. Can’t walk fast it makes it worse. It’s very exhausting and disorienting. Dr can’t find any reason….

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

angieh
1 year ago

Ok well maybe the question was too vague?? Anyway the update is that a CT scan shows my Left mastoid is infected. Now on augmentin 2x per day. The mastoid could be responsible for the dizziness. I’m considering maybe this infection, since apparently it’s from a middle ear infection undetected, has caused a flare up in my MS. Not sure but this is my 4th week of this terrible light headed feeling. Now I have started having panicky feelings when driving and even have pulled over to deal with the exhaustion. After about 15 minutes I force myself to start driving again. It’s just so unpredictable and exhausting, so hopefully this starts to resolve soon.

stumbler
1 year ago

@angieh , any infection will activate our compromised auto-immune systems. This can cause a “pseudo-exacerbation”, a worsening of our MS symptoms.

This is not a real relapse, hence the “pseudo” prefix, and things should quieten down again, once the underlying infection is cleared. Hopefully, the Augmentin will deal with it.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.