Last reply 1 week ago
Is Lemtrada Worth The Risks?

Hi, I have been offered to have Lemtrada or try Tecfidera tablets. I think I’m leaning towards Lemtrada after researching all the insurance and ours etc… am wondering if it’s worth the risks associated? I’ve heard so many success stories about Lemtrada. One MS Professor I saw said it’s high risk high gain.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 week ago

Hi @lol84 and welcome.

Lemtrada Vs Tecfidera? Or two course of infusions (5 days then 3 days) a year apart Vs two pills per day until further notice.

All Disease Modifying Therapies (DMTs) come with a risk, as does MS. Risks with treatments can be managed.

So, it’s really down to what fits better into your lifestyle

lol84
1 week ago

Thank you for your reply. I suppose Lemtrada is worth the risks as is the best drug currently available with the highest success rate.
Kind regards

stumbler
1 week ago

@lol84 , when Lemtrada first came to market, it was described as, “the nearest thing to a cure, without calling it a cure”!

Since that time, it has been joined by Mavenclad (Cladribine) and Ocrevus (Ocreliziumab).

The following will help put these treatments into context :-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/about-ms/ms-treatments/ms-decisions-aid

lol84
1 week ago

Thank you so much for your reply 🙂

sue50
1 week ago

Hi, check out your National Lemtrada Facebook pages to get a good idea of how people have found it and answers to questions

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.