Last reply 1 year ago
Is it worth applying for PIP?

So I was diagnosed back in November and my parents keep telling me to apply for PIP however I’m still able to live a normal and do my job and haven’t had any issues, so my question is, even though I would most likely get declined anyway, is it worth applying for it?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

tracyd
1 year ago

If you have no independence issues then yes you would be declined and rightfully so I’m afraid

marcyg921
1 year ago

That’s fine, tbh, I don’t really want to apply for it as I’ve always felt there was no need, but my family was adamant it was worth a try but honestly, I’d feel like I’d just be wasting my time

cameron
1 year ago

However, you wouldn’t be wasting your time if you consulted the Benefits and Work forum, which gives you the full info on PIP, – criteria, how to apply, a confidential self-assessment test to see if you qualify and the latest on success rates and government welfare news. Knowledge is power!

scudger
1 year ago

It’s all based on scoring points for for doing everyday events. Based on what you have told us you will fail. Don’t put yourself through it yet.

wintersg
1 year ago

It’s worth applying for and filling in the long questionnaire. I’m very independent, worked full time and put off applying for PIP for years but then was off work for a few weeks last year so I filled out the form. It’s
worth being honest too, and admitting to even the slightest problems.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.